Author Topic: must I surf the net on the VPN "browser"?  (Read 2580 times)

REDACTED

must I surf the net on the VPN "browser"?
« on: October 17, 2017, 06:05:39 PM »
I thought the VPN is a sort of external protection thing and didn't realize it's a browser as well.

Offline Raeken

• Deutsch living in France
Re: must I surf the net on the VPN "browser"?
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2017, 06:16:43 PM »
A VPN service is not a "browser" itself.
It only hides you real IP Address, which is useful and can protect you while connected on public WiFi. And allows you access some country restricted websites (such as Netflix, Hulu and others).
Of course... it protects you while using your own internet as well.
VPN is useful in many cases and you have look for your own "utility" for using this service.  ;)
Windows 11 Pro - Version 21H2 - 64 Bits | Avast SecureLine VPN - Standalone

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2017, 06:37:03 PM »
I see. But must I use the Avast VPN "browser" to use surf the net? Right? I shouldn't browse outside of its browser or it's not protected?

Offline Raeken

• Deutsch living in France
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2017, 10:55:59 PM »
Just connect to a server you want, open your prefered browser (such as Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome, Opera, Mozilla...) and start using your Avast Secureline VPN.
Windows 11 Pro - Version 21H2 - 64 Bits | Avast SecureLine VPN - Standalone

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2017, 08:08:56 PM »

You have two choices: 

1) You can download TOR. It will change your IP address, and also encrypt your connection
(like when you go to your bank online, and you see that LOCK symbol on the address bar, which means NO ONE can see what you're doing).
TOR is free and isn't controlled by any government or corporation so you truly get privacy, BUT - you have to use the TOR browser.

2)OR you can buy VPN from Avast. It costs about $36 per year currently. BUT YOU GET TO USE YOUR OWN BROWSER.