Author Topic: Issue with Avast Service (32 bit) process  (Read 1029 times)

REDACTED

Issue with Avast Service (32 bit) process
« on: October 20, 2017, 04:30:06 AM »
Hello,

So I am using a program called OrCAD Capture CIS to make electrical circuits for my labs in my college and everytime I launch the application on my PC, the process Avast Service (32 bit) and Avast Behavior Shield start munching away all of my CPU and make it reach from 98% to 100% usage. I am pretty sure it's not an issue with my computer not having enough cores or anything because I have an intel xeon 1241 v3 which is a 4 core 8 thread CPU clocked at 3.5 GHz. It literally only spikes my CPU usage to 100% only for OrCAD Capture CIS. I even tried with another similar one, which is OrCAD Layout, and it does not behave the same way. It is annoying when it does that because even after closing OrCAD Capture CIS, Avast Service (32 bit) and Avast Behavior Shield keep eating away all of my CPU usage. I have to reboot my computer so that CPU usage goes back to normal. I have tried adding an exclusion to the location of OrCAD Capture CIS but it still does the same thing.

Thank you.

P.S. I am using Avast free anti-virus and it is up to date as of october 19th 2017.