Author Topic: avast pro main GUI is intrusive  (Read 966 times)

Offline Vapor

avast pro main GUI is intrusive
« on: October 20, 2017, 05:55:07 AM »
This has been happening since few updates now that avast Pro keeps on bringing the  main GUI to the desktop, rather than just keep it  minimized in system tray, its almost as if it wants me to  see and probably to get  the new features that are available under "Protection, Privacy and Performance" if that is the reason...  knock it off avast I'm not interested, nor I ever will  >:( >:(, what happen to the old good avast  ::)
I did clean reinstall, repair, it doesn't make any difference, today upon rebooting my system main GUI just pups up again.......... its very intrusive >:(

« Last Edit: October 20, 2017, 05:57:24 AM by Vapor »

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: avast pro main GUI is intrusive
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2017, 10:01:38 AM »
I don't know what is going on with your system, but that isn't normal.  It shouldn't even be minimised, the tray icon isn't the UI but a means of accessing it.
When is this happening (only on reboot) and what are you doing at the time ?

I have three systems all with different OSes and three different versions of avast free (which I would have though it more likely to happen with if this was intentional) and none of them experience this issue.

With your reinstall, was this a clean reinstall also using the avast uninstall utility ?
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Vapor

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2017, 01:20:18 PM »
Sorry I should have been more careful while describing my issue. Yesterday I was updating avast and while I rebooted first thing I had was the UI on my desktop..OK I closed it than on next reboot again the same and this is happening since few updates, but this morning I rebooted and no issue.
As far is avast in the system tray I meant avast icon nothing else, sorry I was tired I should have thought of what I was describing.
It's good for now, next time it happens I will take a screen shot.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2017, 03:48:50 PM »
OK, hopefully this was possibly resolved with a reinstall, on occasion it takes more than on boot for things to take effect.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security