Author Topic: Disc D: Boot record  (Read 5518 times)

-SIG-

Disc D: Boot record
« on: May 06, 2006, 04:08:18 PM »
I recently scaned a CD-RW disc with avast!4Home4.7 and got this error>>

Name of File: Disc D: Boot Record - Result: Unable to scan: The Parameter is incorrect.

Anyone know what this is about? I am still fairly ignorant with PC's so, I have no clue as to why this is happening. Thanks,

-SIG-

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
Re: Disc D: Boot record
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2006, 01:00:24 AM »
Well, I don't think you should worry about it, sounds like some glitch in the program.
How exactly did you scan the disk? Was there anything burned there, or was it empty?

-SIG-

Re: Disc D: Boot record
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2006, 07:07:14 PM »
Well, I don't think you should worry about it, sounds like some glitch in the program.
How exactly did you scan the disk? Was there anything burned there, or was it empty?

Hi igor,

When I scanned the disc I ticked the "CD/DVD" box in the main console. There are several things on the disc that I saved for future use. I wanted to double check that there wasn't anything malicious hidden there and got the message/error right after it got done scanning. Well, it seemed like it scanned completely but, instead of showing the results of the scan it popped up the box that usually comes when a infected object has been found... asking me what I want it to do with it(Boot sector invalid... and gave options to delete, put in chest, ignore). To me it sounded suspiciously like something on the disc is hiding something malicious but, I am always thinking of things like that lol. Thanks for your reply.

-SIG-