Author Topic: Please help, locked out of my phone  (Read 4970 times)

REDACTED

Please help, locked out of my phone
« on: October 23, 2017, 11:04:23 PM »
Hi. As other threads have stated Im having problems with my avast pin.

I have anti theft, free version installed. My phone got locked and I cant unlock it using my pin. I get an error when trying to reset pin from my phone. on my laptop, logged into my avast account I get the following error: We are sorry, but detailed information for device MotoG3 is currently not available..

I have tried sending remote unlock code but this does not work either.

Any ideas? I have important information and if at all possible would like to avoid factory resetting my phone.

REDACTED

Re: Please help, locked out of my phone
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2017, 12:16:36 AM »
I was able to do this without factory reset.

I removed avast first, then in settings (I could still access settings via my avast pin) removed device administrator properties for avast anti theft. I rebooted my device and was able to remove avast anti theft too via play-store.

Of course I did all of this in between reboots while Avast block screen kicked in.

If anyone knows what happened to avast anti theft to make it go crazy like this please post the answer. Avast has always been my anti theft option, and antivirus option. I would like to know the logical explanation, thought.

I almost lost all my pictures and work items....

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2017, 11:18:48 AM »
I changed the SIM card in my phone, forgetting that I had anti-theft installed and now my phone is locked. I am not able to reset it to work again. I have used the command UNLOCK by SMS fcrom another phone, but it does not work. I also used the online facilities, setting a new Avast PIN. When I restart my phone it asks for the security protections password  to unlock.

I don't understand your description of how-to unlock a phone. You say you removed Avast first.  Do you mean the app and which one of them? How can you perform it and also remove the admin properties for anti-theft when the phone is locked? Also, Does it matter which SIM card (the old one or another/new) that is put in the mobile for using your solution?

I would appreciate any help in this issue, since I don't want to do a factory reset by many reasons. I cannot cope with being out of my phone any longer....
« Last Edit: November 23, 2017, 11:23:44 AM by Göran4 »

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2018, 03:36:24 AM »
This is exactly what I have been battling with for over 48 hrs. Pls help.