Author Topic: Avast finding my Keylogger  (Read 3359 times)

stevenlee75

Avast finding my Keylogger
« on: May 07, 2006, 05:16:48 PM »
I have a keylogger on my PC that I installed due to my 13 Y.O. Daughter and I would like it to saty there...although avast keeps finding it on every reboot, I click No Action and it removes the .dll anyway thus disabiling the program... :-\

anyway around that??? I dont want it to mess with this prog, as it comes in handy with a teenage daughter....Thank you for any responses
Steven

Offline oldman

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Some days..... MOS...this bug's for you
Re: Avast finding my Keylogger
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2006, 05:31:56 PM »
Can you put the file path/program path into the exclutions list?  Check help file for info on how to do this.

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2006, 05:34:27 PM »
A keylogger is a reactive tool that you must monitor there are parental control tools that are proactive which may be better for you. Naomi Parental Control software (freeware) http://www.radiance.m6.net/ has a number of users in the forums.

You can also add it to the exclusions lists, Standard Shield, Customize, Advanced, Add and Program Settings, Exclusions, Add.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

CharleyO

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2006, 05:34:56 PM »

Welcome to the forums, stevenlee75.    :)

Almost any av program will find a keylogger bad as they are more often used in a malicious way than for good as you are trying to do.

A better alternative is to use a program like Naomi free internet filter which will work well with avast. Naomi also can be hidden so that it is not noticed nor disabled by others. Naomi can be found at the link below. Please be sure you read all the instructions and the info in the section titled "Other versions/plugins:"

http://www.radiance.m6.net/

EDIT: Oops ... David posted just before me. Sorry, David.    :)

stevenlee75

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2006, 07:24:32 PM »
Thank you all very much...I was un aware that there was a way to exclude any programs and thank you for letting me know of the alternatives...the others ones I looked at seemed to be a pain more then anything because of having to turn the parental controls off and on because we use the same PC...but I will look into the NPC software..I didn't know about that one...thank you again....Steve

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2006, 08:07:16 PM »
No problem Steve, welcome to the forums.

Quote from: CharleyO
EDIT: Oops ... David posted just before me. Sorry, David. 
By a whole 29 seconds ;D my chopstick typing skills must be improving ;D
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2006, 08:17:00 PM »
Naomi and K9 are good alternatives.
If you really want to use a keylogger, and you're SURE it's not infected and it's a serious application, you can use the two Exclusion lists in avast:

For the Standard Shield provider (on-access scanning):
Left click the 'a' blue icon, click on the provider icon at left and then Customize.
Go to Advanced tab and click on Add button...

For the other providers (on-demmand scanning):
Right click the 'a' blue icon, click Program Settings.
Go to Exclusions tab and click on Add button...

You can use wildcards like * and ?.
But be carefull, you should 'exclude' that many files that let your system in danger.
The best things in life are free.