Author Topic: can not cancel auto renewal  (Read 3032 times)

Offline Mic2

can not cancel auto renewal
« on: October 26, 2017, 12:59:17 PM »
Copy of text sent to support - no reply or change. I'm happy to continue my avast subscriptions well into the future - if this issue is sorted.

Firstly let me say as an Avast Customer (as is my dad and sister also) I am pretty annoyed. I am trying to cancel an auto renewal of a free avast clean-up which expires in three days. I followed all steps to cancel it through my account and after a brief wait it came up saying something along the lines of Can not cancel. in red lettering.

I DO NOT WANT THIS FEATURE TO BE AUTO RENEWED - and I do not want to waste more time on this process. I have already wasted 30 minutes of my day. I have been very happy of a number of years with Avast but this is annoying me greatly as I don't have time this week for messing around with something that should just cancel simply.

The is now no cancel link at all !
05450722  (second attempt to get a reply)

Offline Mic2

Re: can not cancel auto renewal
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2017, 01:49:36 PM »
Up-date - re above ...

found a way in via an email that included my order number.

From what I can tell - my subscription is now cancelled. Will wait and see in the next few days.

Will be cautious about any trialing or signing up for new products in future.

I'm really happy (as have been for years) with Avasts products but this experience with this renewal thing hasn't been good at all.

Offline Mic2

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2017, 11:18:30 AM »
Update: Avast support sorted it.

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2017, 11:42:45 AM »
the same is happening to me  :(

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2017, 12:07:30 PM »
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

REDACTED

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2017, 08:12:33 PM »
 >:( I spent quite some times yesterday tried to disable, e/mailed no reply, tried to remove credit card details
can someone from Advast PLEASE Reply via e/mail!!!

REDACTED

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2017, 06:58:26 PM »
I hope they're not suddenly taking a page out of the IObit ASC play book. It seems they might be. There's a PC cleaner tool (most are useless, but I clicked it anyway because it seemed to be included in the Pro product--no little red lock icon)...well, the "scan" is free. Resolving any issues is also "free" for 30 days, only AFTER you enter payment info. This left a sour taste in my mouth and I cancelled it. I've been using Avast for years, and loved their no-hassle, ease of use and renewal. I've paid for the Pro service, but noticed the "auto-renew" checkbox right as I clicked to the next screen. I will have to remember to go shut that off...if I can. Hope it gets fixed. One other thing...the Verification on the forums is enough to make you want to punch your monitor. WTF?
« Last Edit: November 12, 2017, 06:59:58 PM by mvmone »

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2017, 04:17:39 AM »
One other thing...the Verification on the forums is enough to make you want to punch your monitor. WTF?
Only needed for your first 3 posts. (Spam protection)
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0