Author Topic: Avast no longer compatible with the new Windows 10 1709 Security center?  (Read 13399 times)

Offline avant-guvnor

Re: Avast no longer compatible with the new Windows 10 1709 Security center?
« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2017, 12:27:12 PM »
Hmm this looks like something different, that the service that reports status to Windows Security Center doesn't work at all in your case...
Could you please send me the zipped log folder from C:\ProgramData\AVAST Software\Avast\log ?

Thanks

Done, sent PM.

Offline MartinZ

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
« Reply #31 on: December 07, 2017, 10:54:10 AM »
Unfortunately we see that Windows Security is center is not running ;-( we are sending the status but WSC is down. Please try to contact Microsoft

REDACTED

« Reply #32 on: December 07, 2017, 07:59:51 PM »
I have the same issue. " Virus protection : status unavailable  open avast"
Did someone find out how to fix it?
Avast 17.8.2318
Win 10 version 1709

REDACTED

Posible Solution:

For all the people having this issue, the solution I found was: uninstall avast, restart the pc/laptop, download avast offline installer, complete installation, add a rule to allow firewall access to avast (look on the internet on how to allow that to any software), restart, done.
Basically the problem I had was that Avast could not complete its installation because it was blocked by the firewall  ???, meaning that even if i could open the Avast UI i couldn't update the virus database neither the software version itself. After that Avast is working fine for me. You can also try to simply allow firewall access to the Avast installation that you already have :D.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2018, 08:52:03 AM by drkxleo »

Offline WSLUser

I have no issues using Avast Premier, Avast Cleanup, or Avast VPN alongside Defender. The major change to Defender is though it's not enabled as the default provider, it isn't disabled either. Defender respects you've got another product but will ask for periodic updates and perform weekly scans by default. You can change this of course but since I've had no issues between Defender and Avast products, I would keep this ability enabled. It makes for a more secure computer, if Avast misses something, Defender will catch it (unless it's the boot-time scan, which is superior to all scans performed in user land.)