Author Topic: Resetting the AVAST Passwords Synchronization  (Read 4936 times)

REDACTED

Resetting the AVAST Passwords Synchronization
« on: November 02, 2017, 09:47:25 AM »
I have been trying to reset my passwords vault synchronization across all of my devices as of lately.  The issue comes up from the fact that I had a vault of passwords before on my email account but I no longer have any devices at all that are connected to it to even be able to approve the new devices.  I have also lost the identity email I was supposed to keep in order to actually restore my original passwords vault.

I want to make a new passwords vault and synchronization but AVAST refuses to let me create a new sync and keeps asking for me to approve it using the previously accepted devices, so how do I change this in order to start a whole new vault entirely and get a new, original device?  Can anyone please help me with this specific issue?

Offline Martin Kvetko

• Avast team
Re: Resetting the AVAST Passwords Synchronization
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2017, 08:48:45 AM »
In order to reset your synchronization group please do following:
  • Turn off sychronization on all devices you have it enabled at the moment
  • Send me an email to kvetko@avast.com from the email address you are asking reset for
  • Once I will do reset on our side I will reply you back and you can start with synchonzation again
  • Please make sure that you have received an email with backup link from us and keep it safe
  • Also note that you will need to know current master password of the device you enable synchonization for the first time in case you want to use backup procedure later in the future so either remember it or write it down store it securely

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2017, 10:18:44 AM »
I do not have any of the devices I  originally did the synchronization in.  Do you mean the new devices to turn it off on?
I don't have the email with the backup link either, I ended up deleting that email and I no longer have it so can I still do the synchronization reset?
And I no longer have the master password of the VERY VERY First device I did this for, unless you mean the new devices I have now so would that be fine?

Offline Martin Kvetko

• Avast team
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2017, 02:27:26 PM »
If you now have no device with synchronization enabled, then please send me direct email to kvetko@avast.com from email address you are requesting reset for and I will perform the reset, then you may start from scratch with synchronization.

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2017, 08:51:13 AM »
Hi Martin Kvetko,
can i do the smae and send you the email to reset the Avast Passwords?

REDACTED

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2017, 07:00:43 PM »
i got the same problem :/

Offline Martin Kvetko

• Avast team
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2017, 11:44:38 AM »
Yes you can send me an email, just note I'm not technical support, so it may take some time for me to process your requests ;-)

REDACTED

« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2018, 07:36:01 PM »
Is this reset email address still valid? kvetko@avast.com if so I need to do the same thing.