Author Topic: Avast Business On-Premise Console version 4.0  (Read 5216 times)

Offline Martin Svoboda

• Avast team
Avast Business On-Premise Console version 4.0
« on: November 02, 2017, 05:46:55 PM »
Hello everybody,

just another ordinary Thursday for most of the people, but not for you. For you, it is the day when the new version of on-premise management console has been released ;)

Without further ado here are all improvements that our engineering team brings to life in this version:

What's new
  • Webcam Shields - a new real-time shield that protects you from unauthorized access to a webcam on end-device (Avast Business Antivirus Pro Plus).
  • Ability to download the full installation package which contains all components.
  • Added a new rule for Firewall - an ability to enable/disable Internet Connection Sharing mode.
  • Ability to distribute a link to download AV installer directly from the console.
  • Ability to define a sender for all outbound email notifications that are sent by the console.
  • Proper time and data format are automatically set based on the selected language of the Console.
  • Ability to turn on/off the "Enable anti-rootkit monitor" parameter in the Troubleshooting section.
  • The notification type (in the Notification settings) "Turn on real-time protection" is been renamed to "Other technical issues" it will include all product-related notifications that are too specific and occurs less often, therefore, they are not presented as separated notification type.
  • When the antivirus will be installed on Mac, however, system extensions won't be allowed, you will see this info directly on device detail in the Console, together with instructions how to proceed.
    With the upcoming release of macOS High Sierra and due to new security policy, when installing the antivirus to a new Mac you will have to allow system extensions otherwise all real-time shields won't run. You can do this only with admin rights on the local computer.
What has been fixed
  • Fixed problem that the MSI installer was not run silently.
  • Fixed problem that a suspended user cannot be removed from the console.
  • Fixed problem that it is not possible to install the antivirus to a new device.

How to update
  • Directly inside the console (bottom left corner), you will see a notification informing that new version is available. There will be also a link to the installer - however, if you do not want to wait till notification just use this link

Bottom line note - all these features are also available in the Cloud version of the Console.
Product manager | Avast Business | 🗺 Roadmap

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Re: Avast Business On-Premise Console version 4.0
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2017, 08:13:04 AM »
Hello everybody,

just another ordinary Thursday for most of the people, but not for you. For you, it is the day when the new version of on-premise management console has been released ;)
;D 8) I just love the style of your announcements..!!
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline Martin Svoboda

• Avast team
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2017, 08:23:28 AM »
Hopefully you also love the product ;)
Product manager | Avast Business | 🗺 Roadmap

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2017, 08:39:13 AM »
Hopefully you also love the product ;)
No worries Martin, I do. :)
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2017, 02:49:32 PM »
Hello,

I am running the Avast Console using Docker within Ubuntu. However, amending the "AFB_HOSTNAME" environment variable does not allow me to connect to the Avast Console using the new host name.

I can connect using the hostname of the Ubuntu Server itself "https://myubuntuserver" without issues, but "https://myavastconsole" (set using "AFB_HOSTNAME=myavastconsole") does not work. The only IP address obtained from my DHCP Server is the Ubuntu Server itself. Can anyone explain how this is supposed to work?

Kind Regards, Stephen

Offline Nevik

• Avast team
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2017, 02:33:15 PM »
The AFB_HOSTNAME is mainly used by the Antivirus installations for connecting to the console. It is also used, when some http links are generated within the console (e.g. for emails that the console might be sending). It has to be some existing DNS name that can be used to reach the server. If you put there "myavastconsole", you have to make sure that there is some DNS record that resolves to your "myubuntuserver" host. Starting of the console is not registering any new hostnames anywhere.

The parameter wasn't well explained in the documentation on Docker Hub (https://hub.docker.com/r/avastsoftware/management-console/), I've updated it to be more clear.

Offline Infratech Solutions

• Avast Reseller
  • Super Poster
  • Mayorista e integrador de Avast en España
    • Ciberseguridad Avast para empresas y MSPs en España.
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2017, 02:11:14 PM »
I can see that on-premise console is on version 4.0.100 and cloud version is 4.2.10

Is this correct? When we have on-premise in version 4.2.10?