Author Topic: Chromecast trouble!  (Read 3058 times)

REDACTED

Chromecast trouble!
« on: October 09, 2017, 09:35:59 PM »
So, I own Avast FREE and apparently it's blocking my chromecast so I can't cast from my computer. I know it is avast's fault because after a factory reset on chromecast and disabling Avast I could cast, but as soon as I enabled avast the cast option disappeared and my computer didn't recognive any cast devices. I was told that, if I owned the full version, I could go to firewall options and change something that would enable chromecast. But this is just stupid that I can't access avast's firewall options (because it's free and it's a full version feature) and I also CAN'T access my own computer's firewall options because avast is a possessive bitch and keeps everything to itself. I'm really annoyed it makes absolutely no sense that I can't cast anything I hate avast.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: Chromecast trouble!
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2017, 09:46:55 PM »
As has been explained in other threads, it is just a matter of setting things up correctly.
e.g. exclusions.

Offline Alikhan

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2017, 09:50:24 PM »
Is your Firewall mode set to Private and have you enabled Internet Connection Sharing mode via Settings > Firewall?

You will be able to cast with those settings.

Edit: I just read you are using Avast Free. Does disabling only the Web Shield make a difference? If you're using the Free version as you state, you will have full control of your current Firewall.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 09:52:53 PM by Alikhan »
Windows 10 Home 64-bit • Avast Free (latest stable version) •  Malwarebytes 4 Premium (On-Demand) • Windows Firewall Control • Google Chrome • LastPass • CCleaner • O&O ShutUp10 •

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2017, 09:55:35 PM »
As the op said, there is no firewall in the free av version.

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2017, 02:35:15 PM »
Is your Firewall mode set to Private and have you enabled Internet Connection Sharing mode via Settings > Firewall?

You will be able to cast with those settings.

Edit: I just read you are using Avast Free. Does disabling only the Web Shield make a difference? If you're using the Free version as you state, you will have full control of your current Firewall.

Yes my firewall is set to private and I'm not able to change this setting. I'm not able to change it via Avast because it's the FREE version and I'm also not able to change it via Windows firewall settings because "these configurations are managed by Avast free antivirus" so I can access any firewall settings on my computer and this is just a stupid thing that avast does. I'm using the free version and I DON'T have full control of my current firewall, in fact, I don't have any control of it...

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2017, 04:23:05 PM »
In short, there's no firewall in Avast Free.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0