Author Topic: Avast SecureLine - can't activate license after free period  (Read 409 times)

Offline adolf.gomez

Avast SecureLine - can't activate license after free period
« on: November 07, 2017, 09:35:04 AM »
I have my license valid until 05/11/2018 in my account, but I'm not able to connect Avast SecureLine VPN. I'm trying to activate it in Preferences, Login to My Account, but it doesn't recognize it. It always says the license has finished on 04/11/2017

Offline Raeken

• Deutsch
  • Fröhliche Weihnachten! 🇩🇪
Re: Avast SecureLine - can't activate license after free period
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2017, 12:49:07 PM »
Windows 10 Pro - Version 1709 - 64 Bits | macOS High Sierra - Version 10.13.2 | Avast SecureLine VPN - Standalone

Offline dracolshian

Re: Avast SecureLine - can't activate license after free period
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2017, 03:24:12 AM »
Hey, I have the same problem. Forgot to cancel my subscription before the trial ended, so my account got automatically charged for 1-year subscription from 4/11/2017 onwards. However the software couldn't connect, not even after downloading the license again and re-installing the product.

Immediately sent two messages through the Support section on 4/11 and 6/11, no response, so I called the customer support line today. A technical support staff tried to use remote desktop access to check the problem, transferred me to another staff who told me there was a fault with the software and in order to fix it, I have to pay an extra $49.99 which I think is ridiculous. Asked for a refund but as I was transferred back to the technical staff, my call was dropped and there was no follow-up, thus I wasted $13-14 on an international call with no solutions to my case.

Wrote another message on the Support page to ask for a refund and well, still no response till now. I'm really reluctant to spent more money on calls to the Customer Support for a faulty software that I can't even get a refund.

Anyway, I hope you'll be able to find a solution to yours and if you do manage to do that, please do share here. Really appreciate that.