Author Topic: NEW Version 13.3  (Read 4655 times)

Offline lukas.hasik

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
  • Product manager of Mac AV and Cleanup
NEW Version 13.3
« on: November 07, 2017, 09:45:16 AM »
Hi,
we have released new version 13.3 of Avast Security for Mac aka Avast Antivirus for Mac on Thursday 7.12.2017.

What's new:
  • Fixed sensitivity of Ransomware shield. Added photoanalysisd and cloudphotosd to default Ransomware Allowed Applications.
  • Fixed '+' button in Ransomware Shield's Allowed Apps section. It did not work properly when listing certain apps to offer in UI.

Download it from direct link - http://mac-av.u.avcdn.net/mac-av/10_9/AAFM/avast_security_online.dmg

Older releases :

Version 13.2 of Avast Security for Mac aka Avast Antivirus for Mac was released on Monday 27.11.2017.
  • fixes for WiFi Inspector on macOS 10.9
  • Fixing localisation issues

Version 13.1  of Avast Security for Mac aka Avast Antivirus for Mac was released on Sunday 12.11.2017.

Version 13.0 of Avast Security for Mac aka Avast Antivirus for Mac on Sunday 6.11.2017.
  • we are introducing new premium features - Ransomware Shield and Wi-Fi Inspector. Promo of these features is shown in the Free product. However you need to buy a license to unlock these features and upgrade to the premium version called Avast Security Pro.
  • we improved performance of our File shield.
  • lot of bugfixes - including fix for issue with iCloud login on High Sierra, fix for the persistent threat warning in emails.
  • we dropped support for macOS 10.6, 10.7 and 10.8. Virus definitions and scanning engine will be still provided for these OSes.

Thank you for your support and sharing your experiences with our Mac products!
Lukas.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2017, 02:55:47 PM by lukas.hasik »
Quality is also a feature.

Offline krici

Re: NEW Version 13.0
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2017, 07:26:45 PM »
hallo. I got the file avast_security_online and I'm trying to re-install :-\. The MacMini doesn't allow it and now I'm loosing almost an hour trying to find a support e-mail. no way. So I send this message. I'm really disappointed  >:( >:(it is so impossible to send a simple email asking support  >:( >:(
Please. I have even the Log-file and any requested file from the "support instructions" online.. but no way to find out a  >:( >:( mail or form to open an assistance ticket.
Hope you can help me.
Thanks, Pietro

Offline Asyn

• Avast √úberevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Merry Christmas..!!
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2017, 05:14:43 AM »
Win 8.1 [x64] - Avast Premier 17.9.2320.Beta#2 - CC 5.38 [OD] - MCS [OD] - EEK [OD] - FF ESR 52.5.2 [NS5/uBO] - Thunderbird 52.5 [EM]
Deutschsprachiger Bereich -> Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen und Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline lukas.hasik

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2017, 05:42:03 PM »
hallo. I got the file avast_security_online and I'm trying to re-install :-\. The MacMini doesn't allow it and now I'm loosing almost an hour trying to find a support e-mail. no way. So I send this message. I'm really disappointed  >:( >:(it is so impossible to send a simple email asking support  >:( >:(
Please. I have even the Log-file and any requested file from the "support instructions" online.. but no way to find out a  >:( >:( mail or form to open an assistance ticket.
Hope you can help me.
Thanks, Pietro

Was there any error message?
Support portal is linked from the main avast.com webpage.

Offline TED123

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2017, 12:28:24 PM »
Been testing other Mac AV, can't wait to get back to Avast. It just works, fast, clean updating sigs, and it doesn't bog my system down.  Great job!!!!

Offline heze

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2017, 03:54:09 PM »
Hello, please help me!
I have a MacBookAir with MacOS 10.12.6 and have used free Avast Security a long time. Today I downloaded version 13 and first uninstalled the previous version as instructed. During the last step of installation of the the latest version, the installer stopped and showed this message (Translated into english): "Installation failed. The installer encountered an error preventing installation. Contact the program maker and ask for assistance." I have tried this three times with the same result. Consequently I now have neither the older, nor the new version and is unprotected.
Please give me instructions on what to do!
/heze

Offline lukas.hasik

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2017, 08:43:52 AM »
@heze - please try to download the DMG of version 13.0 again (link above). Run the "Uninstall Avast" that will show up.
If it fails again (hopefully not) check the uninstall log - open terminal, cat /tmp/avastuninstall-*

Offline heze

Re: NEW Version 13.1
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2017, 10:07:56 AM »
You wrote: "please try to download the DMG of version 13.0 again (link above)"
I can't find the link to 13.0. Where is it?
/heze

Offline Asyn

• Avast √úberevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Merry Christmas..!!
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2017, 10:19:33 AM »
You wrote: "please try to download the DMG of version 13.0 again (link above)"
I can't find the link to 13.0. Where is it?
/heze
-> http://mac-av.u.avcdn.net/mac-av/10_9/AAFM/avast_security_online.dmg
Win 8.1 [x64] - Avast Premier 17.9.2320.Beta#2 - CC 5.38 [OD] - MCS [OD] - EEK [OD] - FF ESR 52.5.2 [NS5/uBO] - Thunderbird 52.5 [EM]
Deutschsprachiger Bereich -> Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen und Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline heze

« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2017, 11:21:14 PM »
Thank you very much. Now it works!
/heze ;D

Offline Geoff42

Re: NEW Version 13.2
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2017, 10:44:43 AM »
Why is the ransomware shield blocking Apple MacOS services such as photoanalysisd and cloudphotosd?  These should be in the whitelist by default.

Offline lukas.hasik

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2017, 10:26:21 PM »
Thanks for report! We'll fix it in next update.
Please add them to "Allowed apps" as a workaround to fix it now.

Offline lukas.hasik

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2017, 02:56:13 PM »
Why is the ransomware shield blocking Apple MacOS services such as photoanalysisd and cloudphotosd?  These should be in the whitelist by default.
Fixed in 13.3 release.

Offline Geoff42

Re: NEW Version 13.3
« Reply #13 on: Yesterday at 11:21:28 PM »
Thanks for fixing those two, but there are others.  Bearing in mind that the Mac System/Library is totally locked down, would it not make sense to exclude any executables that reside there as they are part of the operating system and cannot be tampered with?