Author Topic: NEW Version 15.2  (Read 184744 times)

Offline Maness

Re: NEW Version 14.2
« Reply #60 on: December 07, 2019, 11:40:18 PM »
Hello ?! Do you plan to answer someday ??
1 month is just a sign you clearly don't care at all.

How can this is even possible to remove such a trivial feature, you don't have to reinvent the wheel and don't need several month.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2019, 11:44:55 PM by Maness »

Offline lukas.hasik

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
  • Product manager of Avast Security for Windows
Re: NEW Version 14.2
« Reply #61 on: December 08, 2019, 11:22:07 PM »
Guys, while I understand your point of view it's quite hard to promise an exact release date. We are finalizing testing of new release that should bring back features you were asking for - right click scan and scan history. However there are other bug fixes and improvements therefore it takes longer than a quick bug fix release for the menu item. Thank you for your patience.
Quality is also a feature.

Offline lukas.hasik

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
Re: NEW Version 14.3
« Reply #62 on: December 17, 2019, 03:05:44 PM »
Dear friends of Avast, the requested features are back. If you haven't received the updated version 14.3 automatically please go to Preferences > UPDATE NOW.
Full change log at https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=210570.msg1429568#msg1429568

• Scan with Avast - is BACK!
  • Scan history is back as well. It's placed under "Notifications". See screenshots...

Offline guillaumelou

« Reply #63 on: December 18, 2019, 07:45:37 PM »
Hi,

Thanks for the good work ! the comeback of these fontions is really appreciated !

Offline rosross

« Reply #64 on: December 18, 2019, 11:03:58 PM »
I have used Avast in the past and renewed some months ago. I can assure you that I will NEVER use Avast again after this time expires because I am constantly bombarded with requests to spend more money for security.

I PAID YOU FOR THE SECURITY I WANT. Do not keep telling me my computer is at risk when I have never had these messages in the past from you or any other provider. It is a waste of my time and intensely irritating to keep having warnings which then require me to spend more money to have 'resolved' when I have already paid you for a service to prevent such things.

Regards

Offline lukas.hasik

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #65 on: January 02, 2020, 10:54:38 AM »
I have used Avast in the past and renewed some months ago. I can assure you that I will NEVER use Avast again after this time expires because I am constantly bombarded with requests to spend more money for security.

I PAID YOU FOR THE SECURITY I WANT. Do not keep telling me my computer is at risk when I have never had these messages in the past from you or any other provider. It is a waste of my time and intensely irritating to keep having warnings which then require me to spend more money to have 'resolved' when I have already paid you for a service to prevent such things.

Regards

rosross, when you buy the Premium version then you should not receive offers to upgrade anymore. There might be some offers for our other products time to time, however most of them is triggered by a situation. E.g. when you connect to a potentially risky wi-fi then we recommend to use (buy) our VPN product, when there is just a few space left on your hard drive we promote our Cleanup product. Yiu can turn off these promotions in Preferences > Privacy > Show offers for our other products.

Offline laurita_IT

Re: NEW Version 14.5
« Reply #66 on: July 24, 2020, 07:28:23 PM »
Hi,
I have a MacBook Pro 13 Retina and had another type of security system but I was not that satisfied. Therefore I would like to try out a new one. How are your experiences with the new version of Avast?
And does the system also prevent adwares?
Thanks in advance!  :)

Offline firstimacman

Re: NEW Version 14.6 - core shields not working
« Reply #67 on: October 29, 2020, 03:38:32 PM »
Last night free Avast updated to latest and core shields not working.  Uninstalled and reinstalled but same issues.  14.6 (9745695592b3).  Mac Mojave 10.14.6

Offline lquinta

« Reply #68 on: October 30, 2020, 06:19:09 PM »
Last night free Avast updated to latest and core shields not working.  Uninstalled and reinstalled but same issues.  14.6 (9745695592b3).  Mac Mojave 10.14.6

Yes.  It's broken for every Mac user and has been for about a week.

Offline colin.bray

« Reply #69 on: November 01, 2020, 06:45:53 PM »

As I previously mentioned under "BETA version 14.6 with support for BigSur", I have the same problem as you mention firstimacman.

lquinta, you replied that "Yes.  It's broken for every Mac user and has been for about a week."
Where do you see that?

My girlfriend is running the same OSX and version of Free Avast as firstimacman and myself, with ONE difference: Her Avast core shields are working !

So, I do not see that "It's broken for every Mac user" - the problem seems selective to me.

If it were the case that it's broken for - let's say "many" users - it would very unprofessional of Avast not to address the issue quickly, no? Or at least publish the reason and what they are doing to fix it.

Can you explain more? Thanks.

Offline seanwo

Re: NEW Version 14.6
« Reply #70 on: November 27, 2020, 04:03:12 AM »
I am running Avast Security (Free Edition) Version 14.6 (4488b76e8886) for Mac on Big Sur
The only core shield I have active is "File Shield" ("Web Shield" and "Email Shield" are disabled; I do not need them)
When I put my computer to sleep (or it goes to sleep naturally) and then I wake it up...

I get a spinning rainbow cursor for almost a minute waiting to access the login screen.  I can not enter my password or use my fingerprint during this time.

I looked at the system log and there was mention of an abnormal service exit each time from the fileshield service before control was returned to the user for login.

system.log entry:

Nov 26 11:12:25 hostname com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.avast.fileshield[49826]): Service exited with abnormal code: 1

My sleep is configured as a hibernate (mode 25 on hibernatemode setting):

hostname:~ hostname$ pmset -g
System-wide power settings:
Currently in use:
 standbydelaylow      0
 standby              1
 womp                 1
 halfdim              1
 hibernatefile        /var/vm/sleepimage
 proximitywake        1
 powernap             0
 gpuswitch            1
 networkoversleep     0
 disksleep            30
 standbydelayhigh     86400
 sleep                60
 hibernatemode        25
 ttyskeepawake        1
 displaysleep         20
 tcpkeepalive         1
 highstandbythreshold 50
 acwake               0
 lidwake              1

When I disable file shield this problem goes away.

Can you confirm an issue with file shield coming out of sleep (perhaps hibernated sleep)?

Offline rolandj

Re: NEW Version 14.7
« Reply #71 on: December 13, 2020, 10:57:25 AM »
Glad avast has released a version compatible with Silicon Macs. Emulation or Rosetta 2 apps use way too much memory. This version uses tiny amounts of memory and CPU. So far it's running smooth as butter. Will update if I run into any issues.

Offline sireiser

• Retired Retired Chemist/Chemical Engineer / Web Manager
Re: NEW Version 15.1
« Reply #72 on: February 08, 2022, 12:00:06 AM »
Hi,

I bought Avast Premium in February 2022, specifically to address a VIRUS on MacOS:Adload-AD[Trj] or Adload-M[Trj] or Asload-S[Trj]  -- they are quarantined but.... setup.dmg containing setup.app is left on my desktop and by morning my desktop is covered with silver installer icons ---   I highlight all of them and select "EJECT" and they all disappear and I wish that AVAST deleted them which is never did even before i bought Premium.

Steve

PS - I am on a 2019 Mac Pro (desktop) Running Monterey 12.2
« Last Edit: February 08, 2022, 12:42:40 AM by sireiser »
Steven Reiser