Consumer Products > Avast Mac Security

NEW Version 15.2

<< < (15/15)

seanwo:
I am running Avast Security (Free Edition) Version 14.6 (4488b76e8886) for Mac on Big Sur
The only core shield I have active is "File Shield" ("Web Shield" and "Email Shield" are disabled; I do not need them)
When I put my computer to sleep (or it goes to sleep naturally) and then I wake it up...

I get a spinning rainbow cursor for almost a minute waiting to access the login screen.  I can not enter my password or use my fingerprint during this time.

I looked at the system log and there was mention of an abnormal service exit each time from the fileshield service before control was returned to the user for login.

system.log entry:

Nov 26 11:12:25 hostname com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.avast.fileshield[49826]): Service exited with abnormal code: 1

My sleep is configured as a hibernate (mode 25 on hibernatemode setting):

hostname:~ hostname$ pmset -g
System-wide power settings:
Currently in use:
 standbydelaylow      0
 standby              1
 womp                 1
 halfdim              1
 hibernatefile        /var/vm/sleepimage
 proximitywake        1
 powernap             0
 gpuswitch            1
 networkoversleep     0
 disksleep            30
 standbydelayhigh     86400
 sleep                60
 hibernatemode        25
 ttyskeepawake        1
 displaysleep         20
 tcpkeepalive         1
 highstandbythreshold 50
 acwake               0
 lidwake              1

When I disable file shield this problem goes away.

Can you confirm an issue with file shield coming out of sleep (perhaps hibernated sleep)?

rolandj:
Glad avast has released a version compatible with Silicon Macs. Emulation or Rosetta 2 apps use way too much memory. This version uses tiny amounts of memory and CPU. So far it's running smooth as butter. Will update if I run into any issues.

sireiser:
Hi,

I bought Avast Premium in February 2022, specifically to address a VIRUS on MacOS:Adload-AD[Trj] or Adload-M[Trj] or Asload-S[Trj]  -- they are quarantined but.... setup.dmg containing setup.app is left on my desktop and by morning my desktop is covered with silver installer icons ---   I highlight all of them and select "EJECT" and they all disappear and I wish that AVAST deleted them which is never did even before i bought Premium.

Steve

PS - I am on a 2019 Mac Pro (desktop) Running Monterey 12.2

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version