Author Topic: NEW Version 15.2  (Read 184763 times)

Offline lukas.hasik

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
  • Product manager of Avast Security for Windows
Re: NEW Version 13.5
« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2018, 02:41:08 PM »
Lukas,

Is there a link for the older 12.x product for those users on older MacOS releases?
All the links were updated to provide version 13.
For those who need to stay with 12.9 - https://public.avast.com/supp/old_versions/12_9/avast_security_online.dmg
Hi Lukas, your link doesn't work for me with HTTPS - it only works with HTTP.
-> http://public.avast.com/supp/old_versions/12_9/avast_security_online.dmg

Edit: And by the way, it's the same version I provided in Reply #27... ;)
Thanks for finding my typo! Fixed.

And yes, you are right. Your link goes to the old installer tha stayed at the CDN. However it's by accident - because we changed the naming scheme of installers. (I'll not fix it as there might be some users who want the old version ;) )
Quality is also a feature.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2018, 02:53:23 PM »
(I'll not fix it as there might be some users who want the old version ;) )
Agreed, leave it as it is. 8)
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline .: Mac :.

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2018, 02:21:22 AM »
Thanks for the link. Have had some people asking about it who are stuck on older releases, including one of my family  ;)
"People who are really serious about software should make their own hardware." - Alan Kay

REDACTED

« Reply #33 on: April 13, 2018, 10:17:22 AM »
When are you going to reinstate the Safari browser extension that you quietly dropped in version 13?

Offline .: Mac :.

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
« Reply #34 on: April 13, 2018, 02:49:53 PM »
When are you going to reinstate the Safari browser extension that you quietly dropped in version 13?

Which features are you missing from the extension?
"People who are really serious about software should make their own hardware." - Alan Kay

REDACTED

« Reply #35 on: April 13, 2018, 03:47:42 PM »
The same features you offer in the Chrome and Firefox plugins!!!   If you consider this necessary for Chrome, it's surely necessary for Safari?

Protection from Avast for your Google Chrome browser.
Be free from worry and improve your overall browser experience with the newest version of Avast Browser Security and Web Reputation Plugin. Check out the list of features below to see what it can do for you.
What does it do?
•   Gathers data on phishing sites and warns you if you visit one.
•   Provides you with access to Avast’s website reputation system, powered by a community of more than 220M users.
•   Shows you a site's rating next to its link in your search results.
•   Warns you when you’re visiting websites with a bad reputation.
•   Allows you to rate a site with a simple thumbs-up or thumbs-down, thus improving the system and helping other users.
•   Automatically redirects you to a legitimate site when you mistype a URL (e.g., llego.com --> lego.com).
•   Switches you to SafeZone when you’re visiting sensitive financial sites (requires installation of avast! Pro Antivirus or higher).
•   Blocks those annoying advertising and analytics sites and keeps you from being followed online.

Offline lukas.hasik

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #36 on: May 03, 2018, 10:02:47 PM »
a teaser for Geoff42 - Safari AOS extension is back on the table. Let see when it's ready for a release. We added it into Preferences > Browsers already...

The same features you offer in the Chrome and Firefox plugins!!!   If you consider this necessary for Chrome, it's surely necessary for Safari?

Protection from Avast for your Google Chrome browser.
Be free from worry and improve your overall browser experience with the newest version of Avast Browser Security and Web Reputation Plugin. Check out the list of features below to see what it can do for you.
What does it do?
•   Gathers data on phishing sites and warns you if you visit one.
•   Provides you with access to Avast’s website reputation system, powered by a community of more than 220M users.
•   Shows you a site's rating next to its link in your search results.
•   Warns you when you’re visiting websites with a bad reputation.
•   Allows you to rate a site with a simple thumbs-up or thumbs-down, thus improving the system and helping other users.
•   Automatically redirects you to a legitimate site when you mistype a URL (e.g., llego.com --> lego.com).
•   Switches you to SafeZone when you’re visiting sensitive financial sites (requires installation of avast! Pro Antivirus or higher).
•   Blocks those annoying advertising and analytics sites and keeps you from being followed online.

REDACTED

Re: NEW Version 13.11
« Reply #37 on: September 26, 2018, 07:24:30 PM »
I used the cli scanner a lot with automator. Now its completely gone?

Offline jakub.bednar

• Avast team
Re: NEW Version 13.11
« Reply #38 on: September 27, 2018, 07:48:55 AM »
Hi,

We have moved all executables to /Applications. You can find the scan in /Applications/Avast.app/Contents/Backend/utils

Best regards,

Jakub

Offline pdaviesoz

Re: NEW Version 13.12
« Reply #39 on: March 05, 2019, 12:38:21 AM »
Does it detect and clean the Cr1ptTor Ransomware?

Offline Vladimirz

• Avast team
« Reply #40 on: March 05, 2019, 04:01:45 PM »
Hi, last version Cr1ptTor Ransomware should be detected. ZV

Offline lukas.hasik

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
Re: NEW Version
« Reply #41 on: May 15, 2019, 03:45:23 PM »
Hi, there should appear a system dialog requesting an elevation to admin privileges. The installer needs it for proper installation of all AV parts. If you don't provide correct admin credentials or you click "cancel" then the installer will fail.
There may be also some log in /tmp directory that would provide more details about it.

Best regards,
Lukas.

Hello, please help me!
I have a MacBook Pro and have used free Avast Security a long time. Today I downloaded version some version and first uninstalled the previous version as instructed. During the last step of installation of the the latest version, the installer stopped and showed this message (Translated into english): "Installation failed. The installer encountered an error preventing installation. Contact the program maker and ask for assistance." I have tried this three times with the same result. Consequently I now have neither the older, nor the new version and is unprotected.
Please give me instructions on what to do!

Offline iBob

« Reply #42 on: June 05, 2019, 03:39:30 AM »
Dear Avast Team, can you please consider to publish the Offline download link for Mac version as well(like the post for Windows version)? It will really help to save some time for installing. Many thanks.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2019, 03:46:08 AM by iBob »

Offline lukas.hasik

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #43 on: June 05, 2019, 05:36:14 PM »
Hi iBob,
We gave up on publishing the offline installer a while ago. There were several reasons however the main one was that it would require to repackage the offline installer after each update of the virus definitions database(aka vps). And because we are updating the virus definitions 3 times a day it would be quite a lot of work. We haven't found real world scenario where you'd need to install AV offline in end user world.
The situation is a bit different in SMB/Enterprise world...

If we don't repackage the installer with new virus definitions file then either an user ends with old definition (and may be vulnerable) or the antivirus will try to update the virus definitions automatically. We do "diff" updates but if there is more than 10 diffs between your vps and the latest one then it is better to download the whole new vps. It'd be safer and less bandwidth consuming.

iBob, let me explain how the offline and online installation work (I'm simplifying it...)
- Offline installation - you download one big DMG with the installer and virus definitions file. Installer installs product files and unpacks the virus definitions to your mac drive. And then it tries to update the virus definitions to the latest available version (another download)
- Online installer - you download a small DMG with the product installer. Installer downloads the latest virus definitions from Avast's servers. Then it installs product files and copies downloaded virus definition to your mac drive

Best regards,
Lukas

Dear Avast Team, can you please consider to publish the Offline download link for Mac version as well(like the post for Windows version)? It will really help to save some time for installing. Many thanks.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2019, 05:39:52 PM by lukas.hasik »

Offline zenon68

Re: NEW Version 14.0
« Reply #44 on: September 03, 2019, 01:30:27 PM »
I have sent messages in regards to this issue.  I have version 14 of AVAST MAC Security and have had to uninstall and reinstall this app 3 times.  The issue is that after three days the app opens to a banner in the main window of "This MAC not fully protected and that I am not up to date".  So what is this issue how do I correct it?