Author Topic: NEW Version 15.2  (Read 184714 times)

Offline lukas.hasik

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
  • Product manager of Avast Security for Windows
Re: NEW Version 14.0
« Reply #45 on: September 06, 2019, 08:45:41 AM »
Dear zenon68,
Would it be possible to get a screenshot of the dashboard (feel free to send it to hasik (at) avast (dot) com) ?

It would be great if you check also your version and version of virus definitions in About dialog. The product should try to update the virus definitions periodically (automatically) therefore this situation should not happen when you are not offline for looong time.
You can try to hit the UPDATE NOW button in Preferences > General or run following command in Terminal /Applications/Avast.app/Contents/Backend/scripts/update/update.sh (screenshot first, please).

Lukas.
Quality is also a feature.

Offline robertlhunter

« Reply #46 on: September 06, 2019, 05:40:07 PM »
I just installed this version of Avast. So far so good. One thing I wanted to point out is File Shield. Under the options there's something that says:

Report potentially unwanted programs (e.g., those bundled with other programs).

The irony here is you guys do this very thing with Avast. My version of Avast comes BUNDLED with Google Chrome.

I would suggest removing Google Chrome from Avast as those who want it know where to find it. This has bothered me ever since you added this additional annoyance.

Perhaps this is something to think about as far as your product is concerned. Are you guys becoming a bastardized version of what drew people to you?

Offline YYZGB

« Reply #47 on: September 16, 2019, 07:10:49 PM »
Updated avast on my Mac this morning. No issues so far, however I was wondering if there was a Notifications panel similar to previous release where I could see when an update was done and a history of recent updates? I do not see that in the latest. Also are there still popups or are they gone too? Missing those to be honest.

Thanks! GB

Offline guillaumelou

« Reply #48 on: September 19, 2019, 07:18:13 PM »
Updated to the new version today and a bit disapointed...I miss the popups when update is done and the right clic option "Analyse with avast " which is very usefull and faster than opening the UI....Hope it will come back !

« Last Edit: September 21, 2019, 06:54:37 PM by guillaumelou »

Offline davidbha

Re: NEW Version 14.2 - Unable to install on Mac OS 10.11.6
« Reply #49 on: September 29, 2019, 11:43:35 AM »
Downloaded and tried to install several times, but the installer issues an alert at the end of installation, at "Validating Packages" stage: "The installation failed. The installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance".
Repaired disk permissions, changed System Preferences to "Allow apps downloaded from Anywhere×´, ran DiskWarrior, changed "sudoers" in etc folder to "Read & Write", changed manually permissions of Applications folder to "Read & Write", but to no avail. What else can be done ?

Offline BR02

Re: NEW Version 14.2
« Reply #50 on: October 03, 2019, 09:23:39 PM »
My Mac just updated itself to the new 14.2 release and now there appears to be NO way to scan an INDIVIDUAL file... do you REALLY get rid of this feature? I can't RIGHT click on a file to scan it like previous versions did and when going through the Avast interface the lowest level scan it allows to setup is a Folder.

Is the SINGLE file scan feature permanently lost?  Or will this be added back sooner than later?
« Last Edit: October 04, 2019, 03:25:19 AM by BR02 »

Offline lukas.hasik

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #51 on: October 04, 2019, 01:19:35 PM »
My Mac just updated itself to the new 14.2 release and now there appears to be NO way to scan an INDIVIDUAL file... do you REALLY get rid of this feature? I can't RIGHT click on a file to scan it like previous versions did and when going through the Avast interface the lowest level scan it allows to setup is a Folder.

Is the SINGLE file scan feature permanently lost?  Or will this be added back sooner than later?

We definitely plan to add it back in near future.
Current "Targeted Scan" allows scan of a single file however it's a way less user friendly then a simple right click.

Offline guillaumelou

« Reply #52 on: October 05, 2019, 12:33:58 PM »

We definitely plan to add it back in near future.
Current "Targeted Scan" allows scan of a single file however it's a way less user friendly then a simple right click.

Hi, happy to ear that !

Offline rgcarterva

« Reply #53 on: October 08, 2019, 01:51:59 PM »
I recently updated to 14.2 on my Mac and find that the way scan reports are able to be accessed and viewed is A) tough to find and B) doesn't provide enough detail.  Previously, you could just go to Scan Reports and see the history.  However, now you have to click the 3 dots next to "Run Mac Scan" then select the scan you want a report on then click the 3 dots next to that scan name and it will show you the results from the last scan.  It doesn't, however, show the history or let you know when that last scan was done (i.e. if there was a failed scan).  Previous versions gave you more detail on scan history.  Please improve for future versions.  Thanks!

Offline guillaumelou

« Reply #54 on: October 08, 2019, 05:04:12 PM »
I recently updated to 14.2 on my Mac and find that the way scan reports are able to be accessed and viewed is A) tough to find and B) doesn't provide enough detail.  Previously, you could just go to Scan Reports and see the history.  However, now you have to click the 3 dots next to "Run Mac Scan" then select the scan you want a report on then click the 3 dots next to that scan name and it will show you the results from the last scan.  It doesn't, however, show the history or let you know when that last scan was done (i.e. if there was a failed scan).  Previous versions gave you more detail on scan history.  Please improve for future versions.  Thanks!

+1

Offline YYZGB

« Reply #55 on: October 09, 2019, 02:49:05 AM »

I concur, but I cannot even find what you find. I find the first three dots but after that there are no more 3-dots beside any of the custom or regular scan. Nothing. Frustrating

Offline guillaumelou

« Reply #56 on: October 09, 2019, 11:11:23 AM »

I concur, but I cannot even find what you find. I find the first three dots but after that there are no more 3-dots beside any of the custom or regular scan. Nothing. Frustrating

Hi, I don't have the second 3 dots. Maybe rgcarterva has the paid version... I have the free one and maybe you too. The +1 was just in order to insist on the fact a report easy acessible with the results of the scan and history of updates, scans, etc like in the 13.12 and before is missing ! Hope it will come back soon !!!

Offline Programmist

« Reply #57 on: October 11, 2019, 01:54:57 AM »

I was unpleasantly surprised to find the right-click context menu had disappeared (see image below). This was the primary way in which I scanned files. It was two easy steps: right click the file and choose Scan With Avast Mac Security. The new workflow requires 4 steps: Open Avast Security, click the ellipses, Click Targeted Scan, and then choose the files/folders to scan.

I'm not sure why the context menu was removed, but it has created an awful user experience in my opinion. I can't imagine why you'd want to hide the primary function of the application (scanning for malware/viruses) behind so many steps?

Offline lukas.hasik

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #58 on: October 14, 2019, 10:15:02 AM »
yes, it's unpleasant experience - we are bringing it back in next update!

I was unpleasantly surprised to find the right-click context menu had disappeared (see image below). This was the primary way in which I scanned files. It was two easy steps: right click the file and choose Scan With Avast Mac Security. The new workflow requires 4 steps: Open Avast Security, click the ellipses, Click Targeted Scan, and then choose the files/folders to scan.

I'm not sure why the context menu was removed, but it has created an awful user experience in my opinion. I can't imagine why you'd want to hide the primary function of the application (scanning for malware/viruses) behind so many steps?

Offline Maness

« Reply #59 on: November 04, 2019, 02:28:25 PM »
yes, it's unpleasant experience - we are bringing it back in next update!

And so... When do you plan to release this new version ? It is quite an important feature, making a menu to disappear...