Author Topic: Avast mac security Abbruch Installation  (Read 2732 times)

REDACTED

Avast mac security Abbruch Installation
« on: November 08, 2017, 02:52:48 PM »
Hallo,
nachdem Secure VPN nicht stabil war, riet mir der Service zur Neuinstallation. Dabei habe ich nicht das Deinstallationsprogramm verwendet. Auf dem Mac muss ich die Software komplett neu aufsetzen. Die Installation wird immer abgebrochen. Offenbar sind da noch Reste versteckt. Was tun?
Rolf

Offline lukas.hasik

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
  • Product manager of Avast Security for Windows
Re: Avast mac security Abbruch Installation
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2017, 03:31:43 PM »
Google translator helped me however language for this forum section is English.

Would you mind to provide more details? How did you remove the product? Which product? Vpn? AV?
Quality is also a feature.

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2017, 03:07:12 PM »
Hallo,
I used "AppCleaner.app" and deleated Secure VPN first. When I tried to reinstall the VPN I learned that on a MAC this is part of avast. Then I deleated the basic App the same way to reinstall the whole package. Trying that I got a fault message and the installation stopped. I could not reinstall the delete App that toled me, that Avast is not installed.
Rolf

Offline krahulik

• Avast team
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2017, 10:10:09 PM »
Hello,
  Avast SecureLine VPN is a standalone application. It isn't part of Avast Mac Security but Avast Mac Security has an ability to download it and install from our update servers.

In order to reinstall Avast SecureLine VPN, delete folders /Applications/AvastSecureLine.app and /Library/Application Support/AvastSecureLine if exist and download the installer from https://www.avast.com/secureline-vpn#mac

The supported ways of the product uninstallation are "Uninstall" item in the application's File menu, uninstaller application bundled inside the application bundle or drag&drop to the trash (LaunchD job runs an uninstallation script on the background ).

Best regards,
  Martin

P.S. If you have removed Avast Mac Security by the AppCleaner as well, it is in pretty undefined state. I would recommend to download Avast Mac Security installer from https://www.avast.com/free-mac-security and clean the product remainders using an uninstaller attached to DMG. Than you can install the application again if you like to.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2017, 10:22:01 PM by krahulik »

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2017, 09:04:10 AM »
Hi, that is what I had already tried. Installation stops with an error message shortly after the start of package handling.
Rolf