Author Topic: When will avast stop this!!!  (Read 1247 times)

Offline Vapor

When will avast stop this!!!
« on: November 09, 2017, 11:26:25 PM »
Just when I thought they got rid of the "Drive update" tab from Pro version and the UI started looking OK, now they added performance/cleanup Premium tab.........when will they layoff, that is just preposterous.
What on earth is with that company and their motivation behind their add-ons that have nothing to do with malware protection  >:( >:( >:( >:(

I'm not going to be one of the DDD that gets tricked again when my subscription is up for renewal  >:(  ;D

« Last Edit: November 09, 2017, 11:34:14 PM by Vapor »

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
Re: When will avast stop this!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2017, 12:19:21 AM »
They always automatically add newly introduced features by default. You can however remove most of them if you don't want them. Go to Apps & Features, select avast!, Modify and again Modify. Uncheck anything you don't want and apply.

Some cannot be removed. They are visible in the menu, but they won't bother you. You have to understand that you're using FREE version and as such, it has some tradeoffs. Someone still has to pay development team and servers. That's how they upsell it. It's an one time annoyance. Not really a big issue considering you get superb protection for free. Certainly much less annoying than continuous popups quite frankly.
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog

Offline Vapor

Re: When will avast stop this!!!
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2017, 03:28:40 AM »
They always automatically add newly introduced features by default. You can however remove most of them if you don't want them. Go to Apps & Features, select avast!, Modify and again Modify. Uncheck anything you don't want and apply.

Some cannot be removed. They are visible in the menu, but they won't bother you. You have to understand that you're using FREE version and as such, it has some tradeoffs. Someone still has to pay development team and servers. That's how they upsell it. It's an one time annoyance. Not really a big issue considering you get superb protection for free. Certainly much less annoying than continuous popups quite frankly.

Thank you for your response  :)

If I was using free avast that would be understandable.
The problem is that I own several licenses of avast Pro, I've been avast Pro user for probably 2 decades and this is just getting crazier, every time  either after update or upgrade I open UI  and there it is always something new......before there was Driver Update, what this have to do with malware, now Performance tab...what this have to do with malware.

All I'm saying is that as paying user(s) we should have some benefit of not seen all the clatters of unneeded suggestions and that is  the first thing you see when you open UI.

"Status" & "Protection" that's all I should see, why do I need "Privacy" and now Performance Tab   ;D get this stuff Off  ;D 

If I would ever want to use avast's new inventions in form of  embedded  suggesting tabs,  have them available  to whomever wants them  as a separate download

I miss avast 4, clean and slim antivirus and  now  >:( >:( >:(

Yes... I can remove the "Clean Up" Tab.....now avast!!! please make also "Privacy" Tab go away,  that would be nice benefit for paying users, I'm sure there is a few that wouldn't mind to have that gone as well.

Thanks
« Last Edit: November 10, 2017, 03:55:02 AM by Vapor »