Author Topic: A slow start-up?  (Read 2240 times)

REDACTED

A slow start-up?
« on: November 10, 2017, 02:48:35 AM »
Has anybody else noticed how the newer version(s) of Avast take forever to load up after the system boots up. In my case, it takes the tray icon ~25s to appear on the task bar and I'm not even running Avast on a slow/old rig... :-\

REDACTED

Re: A slow start-up?
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2017, 06:46:31 AM »
I've found the new update is loading faster than ever, on my machines. But that's just me. Also, I don't really think 25 seconds is slow, so there's that.

Offline Alikhan

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
Re: A slow start-up?
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2017, 03:52:49 PM »
Has anybody else noticed how the newer version(s) of Avast take forever to load up after the system boots up. In my case, it takes the tray icon ~25s to appear on the task bar and I'm not even running Avast on a slow/old rig... :-\

That's actually intentional - to minimize the effect on Windows startup (i.e. on other programs you may want to launch or be launched early), the start of the Avast UI has been delayed - which includes the tray icon.
However, it doesn't mean that your machine is not protected till then - the main service (AvastSvc.exe) is launched earlier and it doesn't need the UI to be running to scan and block infected files. So the real time protection is running, you just don't know about it for a while.
Windows 10 Home 64-bit • Avast Free (latest stable version) •  Malwarebytes 4 Premium (On-Demand) • Windows Firewall Control • Google Chrome • LastPass • CCleaner • O&O ShutUp10 •