Author Topic: EGYPT - state of censorship and tracking .. - AVAST VPN NOT WORKING pls HELP  (Read 5035 times)

REDACTED

Could someone please solve the issue?
I live in European country and when I purchased the Avast VPN it worked perfectly ; although I used it for a short time and German server., but, never the less, it worked good, speed was good and all was good.
I purchased it because I knew I will need to go to Egypt for 2 month for business  purpose.
So I am trying and trying to connect, different kind of servers and it is NOT working.
Last tenure in Egypt I purchased NordVPN and I had the same issue. But with NORDVPN I had actual e-mail adress and actual person who could help me. We literally exchanged 5 mails and problem solved. Problem was in their flash program which is easily blocked by Egyptian authorities or whoever. They gave me much simpler program (openVPN to be correct), I was mannualy entering the servers and I actually and finally got the product which I paid.

Does an AVAST have any similar solution or a person employed (i could not really find any email adress to which I can write, and I undrestand why.., but how again..?) with whom I can exchange couple of mails and solve the issue?
And don't get me wrong, I am a normal user of internet and I don't like feeling that someone is tracking and banning news..

With regards,

Petar

*MODIFY

I am connected via Egypt Vodafone
« Last Edit: November 10, 2017, 08:33:58 PM by petar1 »

Offline Raeken

• Deutsch living in France
You can contact support and see if they can help you: https://support.avast.com/en-us/contact/
Usually, the support can take a few days to handle your situation. Please, keep it in mind.

About "Open VPN config file", unfortunately, Avast does not provide this method of authentication. We're forced to use their software to connect to any server.
This is something that they really should work on it.

Good luck!  ;)
Windows 11 Pro - Version 21H2 - 64 Bits | Avast SecureLine VPN - Standalone

REDACTED

Appreciate your advice, but at the moment, e-mailing is my only option.

I tried TOR -  not working. Then try to purchase NordVPN, Nord sites and everything connected to NordVPN content - BLOCKED access.. then I installed the VPN on the mobile phone, turtle speed connection and managed after an hour to make a purchase.
Tried to connect to their servers via OpenVPN GUI , not working as well. I e-mailed to support about the issue. Hope they will give me some simple solution.

Offline Raeken

• Deutsch living in France
I see.

Egypt has this censorship and seems way to hard to find a workaround.  :(
There's a lot of VPN services, such as PureVPN, ExpressVPN, IPVanish, Astrill, and others. You can try a different VPN service and see if works.

After seen all of this, i think that there's not a workaround for Secureline and it will not work in Egypt.

https://www.flashrouters.com/blog/2017/06/21/egypt-blocks-vpn-providers/

Good luck, dude!

Windows 11 Pro - Version 21H2 - 64 Bits | Avast SecureLine VPN - Standalone

REDACTED

What I don't understand, if u live in Europe why u need a VPN ? and why u need it in Egypt if don't live there?

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
What I don't understand, if u live in Europe why u need a VPN ? and why u need it in Egypt if don't live there?
I purchased it because I knew I will need to go to Egypt for 2 month for business  purpose.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline Endt

• Avast team
Hello petar1,

Egypt started blocking VPNs on internet services providers level, sadly, can't help there at least for now.

Cheers,
B.

REDACTED

If anyone has similar issue, contact me on PM I will gladly help you as I was helped. On the end is different provider.
Thanks all on your effort.