Author Topic: one click online 'type chat' support would be good  (Read 2440 times)

REDACTED

one click online 'type chat' support would be good
« on: November 12, 2017, 03:39:16 PM »
I seem to have so much trouble with Avast.  I do a full scan/clean up etc then check it with cclean after and everything is still there requiring removal

I have twice set up the extra trial clean-up and both times my laptop has gone into meltdown.  Just gone to cancel the automatic renewal so it doesn't continue to run after the trial but up comes a message saying this time it was unable to cancel the automatic renewal and to come back later.   I do hope I am not going to end up going into automatic renewal and then not being able to cancel like a year or so ago with another extension I found I didn't like and deleted but still had to pay for?

Also, I had password protection set up and that actually was going well until my laptop crashed.  Now this system is no longer working when I log and yet when I go to my account to restart it, it tells me that it is operating.  It isn't!

And your verification system is dreadful you cannot either read the letter nor understand the recording!

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Re: one click online 'type chat' support would be good
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2017, 04:36:47 AM »
And your verification system is dreadful you cannot either read the letter nor understand the recording!
Only needed for your first 3 posts. (Spam protection)
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline Martin Kvetko

• Avast team
Re: one click online 'type chat' support would be good
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2017, 07:47:24 AM »

Also, I had password protection set up and that actually was going well until my laptop crashed.  Now this system is no longer working when I log and yet when I go to my account to restart it, it tells me that it is operating.  It isn't!

I can't help you with cleanup, you should complaint in other forum or should ask support for help with it. I shall be able to help with passwords, but for that I need to know more about the problem. I can read that you laptop crashed, does that mean that all your data are lost? If you have had synchronization enabled you may try restore from backup by following this guide:
https://support.avast.com/en-us/article/Restore-Passwords-data-backup

If you haven't set synchronization and your laptop disk is gone then I'm afraid you have lost your data. But if you still have a disk with the original data you may get passwords storage from it and reuse it on another computer if you know your master password. Let me know if you need assistance for this.