Author Topic: how do i retrieve lost files deleted by avast cleanup premium in download folder  (Read 922 times)

Offline daruis

avast cleanup premium deleted every file in download folder,wedding pictures,birthday pictures,music and programs, with out an option to retrieve every lost file,these files seem now to be lost forever,angry beyond belief  >:( >:( :o :-\

Offline J.Bryl

• Chosen One
This only means that it's not deleting just the download history but the files itself.

There are also cases of files missing and deleted in desktop and other file directories.

Offline William382

I too am quite angry as I have kept receiving messages and the other day and email to try avast premium clean for a 30 day trial and when I did and used it my PC lost or effected a number of applications and files and that is after using the UNDO button. It really has me fried most especially because this forum is the only way to contact avast regarding even there paid product apparently you subscribe to their paid live support. But when it is their product causing the problem why should I pay them the fix their ..now my problem. I should have known that any company thinking they have a safe solution to properly removing unnecessary registry files are just playing games with the public and of course avast is not alone in this. I have used their free and paid service for an extended period and most of it seem to function either will or adequately but this is enough for me to start looking for something more open to solving its program short comings. I should have created a system restore but foolishly assumed their undo did that either though window or through its own programming but it did not. I have cancelled the premium cleanup trial but still remain with the aftermath of its plunder.

Offline shaz59

we are all angry over avast cleanup deleting our files but seems avast are not interested in helping us recover our files, angry beyond belief over this and will stick to kaspersky and crapcleaner from now on... shame I paid for this crap service.

Offline Pondus

• Avast √úberevangelist
  • Probably Bot
stick to kaspersky and crapcleaner from now on
https://blog.avast.com/welcome-piriform-to-avast

Chief Wiggum: Uh, no, you got the wrong number. This is 9-1…2.

Offline Stellarman

• Avast team
Hi,

we apologize for the situation our product caused to you.
This is definitely a flaw in the user experience and we are now working heavily on getting it fixed.

Since Cleanup is still missing a feature which would be able to restore deleted files we could recommend you to download Piriform Recuva software from here: https://www.piriform.com/recuva to restore your deleted files.

Best regards!

Offline Bryl2

Hi,

we apologize for the situation our product caused to you.
This is definitely a flaw in the user experience and we are now working heavily on getting it fixed.

Since Cleanup is still missing a feature which would be able to restore deleted files we could recommend you to download Piriform Recuva software from here: https://www.piriform.com/recuva to restore your deleted files.

Best regards!

We've used recuva and other recovery software.
The files are showing but they're not recoverable since they're corrupted already.