Author Topic: Avast breaking HTTPS?  (Read 1957 times)

REDACTED

Avast breaking HTTPS?
« on: November 10, 2017, 06:47:05 PM »
Hi all,
Running Avast 17.7..25.26 build 17.7.3660.244
Virus def 171107-0

I've been having issues with it killing HTTPS browsing - many secure pages including Amazon.com would not load due to "Connection reset". I've re-installed the application, didn't help. So I disable HTTPS scanning, this helps, but the feature gets re-enabled automatically on next reboot. I then try to disable the HTTPs scanning completely, but it also gets re-enabled automatically.  I would add specific sites to be excluded from scanning, but the least gets cleared on next reboot.

This deployment is centrally managed and I would rather not make a blanket rule to disable HTTPs scanning organization wide since no one else is complaining.
Modify message

REDACTED

Re: Avast breaking HTTPS?
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2017, 02:42:46 AM »
I would try to determine if the same websites have the same problem on other computers in the organisation.  You said nobody else is complaining, so either they are not visiting the same sites or there is something different about your PC compared to theirs (eg browser version, other 3rd party apps/adblockers etc).

In my experience old network adapter driver has caused similar issues.  See if there any updates you can apply.   

Worst case, you could always create a new settings template just for the problem machine instead of a blanket change.