Other > Non-Avast security products

Noscript does not work in the new Firefox Quantum browser.

(1/9) > >>

polonus:
Sad day for NoScript and Giorgio Maone, firefox now steered away from this beautiful script blocking tool.

Read: https://addons.mozilla.org/nl/firefox/addon/noscript/

The all new Firefox Quantum version does not allow a NoScript installation.
AFAIK there is no alternative that works on the new Firefox engine.

Will you go on using ScriptSafe or uMatrix in the new Firefox browser or leave that browser without NoScript?

Firefox fearing the advertising world there, going to be more and more of a Google Chrome klone now,
using the same extension engine and api engine.

Are you continuing to use the Firefoix Quantum or will this be the demise of the browser?

polonus

DavidR:
Well I saw this coming before I even heard the term Firefox Quantum.

Firefox, has written a long suicide note, a couple of months ago that they will no longer support Legacy Add-ons.  At this point in time I see no move by existing developers to upgrade their Legacy add-ons.  Some/many people may look in another direction for their browser.

Virtually all of my add-ons bar one, are Legacy add-ons.  My only saving grace is that I have the ESR version of FF on this XP system and that will support them for longer.

polonus:
Hi DavidR,

You will be good on firefox palemoon, all your legacy add-ons continued there.
Palemoon, a browser with somewhat more privacy in mind.

polonus

I had a problem with Malware Script Detector v.1.1 add-on, no longer running on firefox.
I run it now as a seperate user script running under Tampermonkey, well under Google chrome.
So you can have an extension running, you only have to run and dance through several more hoops.

Life is not always easy, it is not!

D

polonus:
There will be a big upgrade to NoScript 10 from NoScript 5 for firefox Quantum,
only NoScript will loose certain functions because Webextensions in Firefox won't support these yet.

Interesting to learn what NoScript lost on the firefox with webextensions?

polonus

DavidR:
A little better news than there would be no NoScript in Firefox Quantum.

I will be very interested to see what other Add-ons make it to Firefox Quantum as the greatest majority of add-ons are Legacy.  I believe the reason why many people are using firefox are the add-ons, lose those and firefox will have lost a lot of users.

The same thing happened when they transitioned to signed add-ons only they kept having to push the date back as there were woefully few signed add-ons as the deadline got closer.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version