Other > Viruses and worms

URL:Mal & Other Popups

(1/14) > >>

REDACTED:
For the past few months ( since around September ), I have been getting antivirus popups from AVG, Malwarebytes and now Avast from different outbound connections onto my machine, one of the most frequent one being from URL:Mal. I do not have AVG anymore, and I have MWB installed, and am currently primarily using Avast as my antivirus software, but every one that I have tried has always had many outbound connection alerts.

I have gone through AVG tech support. This did not work. I am currently still going through MWB tech support and so far nothing is working. The link I am providing below is so far every single step I have tried, but nothing is solving these outbound connections that my antivirus programs keep detecting. I no longer have any free trial of AVG, MWB or Avast, so this is worrysome that something more dangerous is getting through.

These have been happening since I formatted my computer back in September. As I stated before, the link below helps explain more in detail, and is extremely text-heavy in things that I have already tried. Listing a few here, I have tried: ADW Cleaner, Sophos Virus Removal Tool, CCleaner, FRST64, RogueKiller, and Zemana AntiMalware. None of these have stopped these popups or have detected anything at all as far as I have seen. About twenty minutes before posting this I did get another alert from Avast stating it had an outbound connection from URL:Mal. I can provide screenshots if need be, more than the one I am also providing in this topic.

Can someone please help me fix whatever is wrong with my computer?

I'm also not exactly sure how to attach images, so I am providing a link for the popup Avast gave me recently. I have not attempted the latest fix yet on my MWB forum topic because I am waiting for it to be opened again.

https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/212373-continuous-website-blocked-reports/

https://i.imgur.com/lDHLSoy.png

DavidR:
Having created and saved your screenshot on your system.
Use the Attachments and other options below the reply window.
-
Click to expand it.

REDACTED:
Didn't even see that option, thanks. Here's the most recent popup that I've gotten from Avast. AVG and MWB have had similar ones, both from Chrome and Skype sometimes.

DavidR:
Since this appears to be coming from chrome.exe, which presumably is your default browser ?

There may well be an add-on that is trying to connect to that URL.  Presumably you aren't intentionally connecting to that site and there isn't a default home page set to ling to there.  Sorry I don't use chrome so I don't know what it gets up to.

REDACTED:
If I'm remembering this correctly, I wiped my computer clean and the first two things I reinstalled on it were AVG and Google Chrome. As soon as I had both, and only the default Chrome extensions, AVG popped up with a URL:Mal notification. I had nothing else but base Windows programs then installed.

And yes, Chrome is my default browser. This happens no matter what I'm doing on my computer, as explained in the MWB link.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version