Author Topic: URL:Mal & Other Popups  (Read 18427 times)

REDACTED

Re: URL:Mal & Other Popups
« Reply #30 on: December 16, 2017, 08:12:18 PM »
No, there's only my computer that's getting these connections. We have a few phones and a single tablet on wifi in addition to my computer connected to our internet, but none of them are getting these notifications. My computer is directly hooked up to our modem with an ethernet cable, and my computer is not able to go wireless. My Xbox One is also directly hooked up with a cable as well, but I only use that at night to watch movies to go to sleep to, it doesn't even always connect to the internet.

Offline jperl13

« Reply #31 on: December 16, 2017, 10:56:30 PM »
Try resetting the router to the factory, see how to do it on your router.

Offline Sass Drake

• MyCity AMF R2
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #32 on: December 17, 2017, 12:19:25 AM »
Let's try this.

Visit this URL in Chrome:

chrome://serviceworker-internals/

It will show you service workers in your browser and use option Unregister for all of them.

REDACTED

« Reply #33 on: December 17, 2017, 09:46:33 PM »
I'm not gonna try to reset my router just yet, but I have unregistered everything I can. There's still one left with YouTube that has no option whatsoever to remove it.

Since these are just in my appdata folder, how would this change anything? If these are put in there just based on what sites you have gone to, and I still got the popup notifications after only visiting three websites ( the AVG site, Google search and the Chrome download site ), how would this be the issue? I'm not trying to say it's not, I'm just wondering.

Offline Sass Drake

• MyCity AMF R2
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #34 on: December 18, 2017, 01:08:24 PM »
Strange. Now only thing reset router settings remains.

Offline Sass Drake

• MyCity AMF R2
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #35 on: December 18, 2017, 02:15:53 PM »
Try Firefox and other browsers and check does they have same problem.

REDACTED

« Reply #36 on: December 27, 2017, 07:29:55 PM »
I'm not actually sure how to reset my router to factory settings; I've waited to reply to this to see if the unregistering did anything. So far, I have not gotten any message notifications from Avast saying that it detected or blocked anything. While this is a good thing, I am still extremely worried on what was happening.

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #37 on: December 27, 2017, 07:45:58 PM »
I'm not actually sure how to reset my router to factory settings;
google or youtube has the answer   ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHg6VASuOqI

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=How+to+factory+reset+a+router

REDACTED

« Reply #38 on: January 19, 2018, 09:37:12 PM »
I wasn't able to reply for some time, but since then I have had several message notifications from Avast despite having the Chrome settings being unregistered. I wasn't able to actually change my router settings until today, too; they are back to factory default and I have had my WiFi information changed.

Now I just have to wait and see what happens. I have been visiting several sites that I think are causing me problems less and less lately, too, and that might have had an effect on how often I'm getting the notifications; I've maybe had up to five since my last reply on my thread here.

I also cleared out everything using CC Cleaner last night and cleared my browsing history/cookies/cache/ect. in Chrome last night, so we'll see how it goes.

I still would rather not have to switch to using FireFox. I don't know how to use that browser at all, so I don't know if I'd be able to get a couple of extensions there I use on Chrome or not.

Offline Sass Drake

• MyCity AMF R2
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #39 on: January 21, 2018, 04:04:09 AM »
The following will implement some post-cleanup procedures:

=> Please download DelFix by Xplode to your Desktop.
Run the tool and check the following boxes below;
Remove disinfection tools
Create registry backup
Purge System Restore

Click Run button and wait a few seconds for the programme completes his work.
At this point all the tools we used here should be gone. Tool will create an report for you (C:\DelFix.txt)

The tool will also record healthy state of registry and make a backup using ERUNT program in %windir%\ERUNT\DelFix
Tool deletes old system restore points and create a fresh system restore point after cleaning.

REDACTED

« Reply #40 on: January 23, 2018, 09:47:48 PM »
Alright, I used the tool; did you want me to add the log to a reply? Since my last reply, too, but before I used this new tool, I have had several notification popups from Avast. Do you want me to include all of the most recent screencaps of the ones I have as well?

Offline Sass Drake

• MyCity AMF R2
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #41 on: January 23, 2018, 11:36:19 PM »
That is not necessary.

REDACTED

« Reply #42 on: January 24, 2018, 10:24:51 AM »
What do I try to do now, then?

Offline Sass Drake

• MyCity AMF R2
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #43 on: January 24, 2018, 10:57:22 AM »
Do you get notificiations when only YouTube is opened in browser?

REDACTED

« Reply #44 on: January 25, 2018, 10:42:10 AM »
Except for very rare instances, I always have anywhere from 4-10 tabs open on my computer, and YouTube is normally one of them. One of the most recent notifications was when I tried to hit play on a YouTube video I believe, or was pausing it; I was interacting with a YouTube tab, that I at least remember.