Author Topic: URL:Mal & Other Popups  (Read 18425 times)

Offline Sass Drake

• MyCity AMF R2
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
Re: URL:Mal & Other Popups
« Reply #45 on: January 25, 2018, 04:34:56 PM »
Can you test when only one tab with YT is opened just to make sure that notifications are for advertising domains used by websites you usually have open? Because FRST logs were clean.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2018, 04:47:49 PM by Sass Drake »

REDACTED

« Reply #46 on: January 26, 2018, 01:20:55 AM »
Do you want me to have only one YouTube tab open, or just ONE tab open and it's only Youtube? Just to be clear on this. I can test that, yes, but it may take some time for another notification to appear.

Offline Sass Drake

• MyCity AMF R2
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #47 on: January 26, 2018, 03:31:14 AM »
Just one tab and only YouTube.

REDACTED

« Reply #48 on: February 04, 2018, 01:12:35 AM »
A part on my computer broke and I wasn't able to use it for about a week, but now that it's working again, I've so far had mostly only YouTube up - other sites once I check messages on them, I've closed them - but so far nothing has popped up. This has been almost a two-day/48-hour test of only having YouTube. As I did say before, it make take a very long time, or never happen, for another notification to appear.

REDACTED

« Reply #49 on: February 11, 2018, 10:26:33 PM »
After, I'd say, 5 days or so of having no tabs constantly open besides YouTube, I haven't gotten any notifications. I stopped only having YouTube open and started having some normal other pages open with it as well that I go to from time to time quiet often, and still didn't have any notifications.

I did, however, just get a notification from Avast. I was trying to Google define a word, and clicked the first link it suggested. The site itself wouldn't load, so I just closed the tab after a few seconds, and got another notification from Avast from that same exact site.

Offline Sass Drake

• MyCity AMF R2
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #50 on: February 11, 2018, 11:07:41 PM »
That means your system is clean and Avast is just blocking URLs loaded normally in browser. :)

The following will implement some post-cleanup procedures:

=> Please download DelFix by Xplode to your Desktop.
Run the tool and check the following boxes below;
Remove disinfection tools
Create registry backup
Purge System Restore

Click Run button and wait a few seconds for the programme completes his work.
At this point all the tools we used here should be gone. Tool will create an report for you (C:\DelFix.txt)

The tool will also record healthy state of registry and make a backup using ERUNT program in %windir%\ERUNT\DelFix
Tool deletes old system restore points and create a fresh system restore point after cleaning.

Maybe you should consider using adblocker like:
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/ublock-origin/cjpalhdlnbpafiamejdnhcphjbkeiagm

Regards.

REDACTED

« Reply #51 on: February 12, 2018, 09:43:29 AM »
If it's clean, then why has it happened even when I'm not even browsing, but just have tabs open? I did say many times before that I could be playing a game, have Chrome minimized, and it suddenly detects something. I used to leave my computer on overnight a lot, too, and I could wake up and it has a message saying it detected something. :(

This has been happening for six months now...

I have not followed the cleaning steps yet. I also already do use uBlock Origin; I think a step I was suggested to follow through here had me used a program that told the person helping me what my extensions were, and I was suggested to turn off a few I was using. uBlock doesn't stop this.

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #52 on: February 12, 2018, 11:19:20 AM »
If it's clean, then why has it happened even when I'm not even browsing, but just have tabs open?
Ad networks loading on the websites you have open in tabs ....

REDACTED

« Reply #53 on: February 12, 2018, 05:58:52 PM »
How is that possible/what causes it exactly? What can be done to stop it? This never happened before wiping my computer clean and doing a fresh installation of windows 10, I think. I've just had so many problems over the years, I cannot remember them all or keep them straight any more with my computer.

REDACTED

« Reply #54 on: February 14, 2018, 08:53:54 PM »
I wasn't at my computer for this one when it popped up. I did not have a YouTube tab open this time, either, but I did have a couple different sites.

REDACTED

« Reply #55 on: February 14, 2018, 10:03:43 PM »
This time I did have YouTube open and was watching a video on it, along with other non-YT sites open, but I wasn't browsing/switching sites around.

REDACTED

« Reply #56 on: February 15, 2018, 10:33:44 PM »
I'm having the same issue but with wscript.exe, I have tried Malwarebytes as well as FRST but they haven't worked and I can't afford to replace my computer as suggested on another site.

I can't seem to post images or attachments on here.

REDACTED

« Reply #57 on: February 16, 2018, 02:38:58 AM »
That might have been one of the notifications, it sounds familiar.

Would wikia sites be the issue? Last couple times I had wikia sites open to read stuff on, and sometimes while I'm on my phone on said sites, my phone gets redirected to Google, Amazon, ect. fake pages saying that I've won stuff and that I need to "claim it within X minutes/seconds" by typing in my information for whichever site it's on.

Considering that it didn't alert my anti-viruses on my computer at ALL until "recently," but I've had redirection things happen quite often from wiki sites on my phones from the past few years, I don't know if that would be it or not. Just throwing it out as an idea.

REDACTED

« Reply #58 on: February 16, 2018, 10:29:29 PM »
Got another notification, this time WITHOUT a wikia page open.

REDACTED

« Reply #59 on: February 23, 2018, 02:22:14 AM »
Over the past six days I've been having a lot of notifications suddenly happening again. Most of the time it's not even when I've been browsing. One of them, however, I distinctly remember it happening while I was browsing: the notification specifically stated that it was from that site, and I went back to it to double check, and got it again, so I blocked that page from ever being gone to again - hopefully.

One of the notifications happened immediately when I opened Chrome, too, and it picked up where I left off with my pages. Two tabs at minimum were YouTube; I don't remember if I had any other tabs open.

But as I did say, most of these were happening at random when I was not browsing or loading any websites. The sites were already loaded. I was just scrolling and reading, or watching a YouTube video, or playing a game, or hell, just chatting to people on Discord/Skype with Chrome open at the same time.