Author Topic: DCOM exploit?  (Read 25342 times)

Rocker

Re:DCOM exploit?
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2004, 02:18:50 AM »
As whocares say's, from the spybot faq...

DSO-Exploit is a security gap in Internet Explorer, Outlook and Outlook Express. Microsoft did already close this gap with security updates, so with current Windows updates and patches installed, it will no longer be a threat to your system.
Spybot-S&D will still detect the DSO-Exploit, but instead of fixing it for good, it will unfortunately again set an invalid value. Therefore it will again be found with every scan.
This little bug in Spybot-S&D has already been repaired and the respective fix will soon be available as a program update.

Can be found here:-

http://www.safer-networking.org/en/faq/36.html

danielsaaan

Re:DCOM exploit?
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2004, 01:08:54 AM »
Thank you all!
I have correct the problem with SP2!!!!...
SO, 2 weeks ago i install it, but after installation the system slow down and internet went like a snail....===//รจ
Now i have download Firefox and is all right!
Avast dont show more pop ups Alert about Dcom Exploit
BUT...
Spy Bot Serarch and Destroy again find Dcom without shance to extinguishes...
Maybe SpyBot S&D Software House will correct this problem soon...
OK,
Thank you again
See you!  ;Dhttp://

Jason_Becker

Re: DCOM exploit?
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2006, 03:53:46 AM »
Basicly, dcom isn't on your harddrive
Sorry, but it sure is on your system. wether it can do any harm depends if you have installed ALL secutity patches/updates for your OS and other installed applications.

I receive the same thing from DCOP and LSASS Exploits...don't have ZoneAlarm cause Avast and ZA together slowdown my poor PC a lot, not very good system I have  :'(

Can I get those patches/updates from the Windows Update service? some are so heavy for my slowww connection but they should be worth it!

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2006, 04:37:02 AM »
I receive the same thing from DCOM and LSASS Exploits...
Can I get those patches/updates from the Windows Update service? some are so heavy for my slowww connection but they should be worth it!
At least, enable your XP SP2 firewall and you can search for DCOM an LSASS into the Microsoft Knowledge Database or Google for more  ;)
The best things in life are free.

Firestorm

« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2006, 08:55:09 AM »
I've been getting the DCOM exploit as well as the lsass.exe exploit..after doing some research I've come across (some of you may know this) the Kibuv-B worm that uses both these exploits to attack your computer through different points. Windows has patches for those of you who dont know about this. I highly reccoment you get em while they're hot otherwise yer in for a world of aggrivation and migraines.