Author Topic: 4.7 Home VRDB not done yet  (Read 2910 times)

jackos

4.7 Home VRDB not done yet
« on: June 14, 2006, 04:33:24 PM »
I am running win xp sp2.I have ins Avast 4.7 Home,& regd it.
Everything is fine,but,it says VRDB not done yet.
I know you can do it manually,or at idle.
Problem is I only have 1 icon in task bar
The a icon is pressent,but the i icon is missing.
How do I enable the VRDB to update.
Many thanks
jackos@jackos.wanadoo.co.uk

cmthomson

Re: 4.7 Home VRDB not done yet
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2006, 06:17:37 PM »
Right click the a icon, select VRDB, select generate now.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2006, 06:37:01 PM »
Firstly welcome to the forums. I suggest that you remove the email addres from within your post as the forums are publicaly available and email addresses could be scanned and harvested by spambots.

Check and see if the two are merged, is the VRDB on the right click menu of the a avast icon ?
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline lakrsrool

• Advanced Poster
  • Get the Picture !
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2006, 03:33:16 AM »
Hey DavidR,

This is exaclty what I would like to know how to do. To capture an image of a message box or window or drop down list etc that shows up on my screen and save it as an image that I can attach i.e. jpeg, gif etc.

I get an error message box from Avast, but I cannot right click on it and save it as an image, which is the way I presume the method to be.  The only thing I can manage to do is print screen and past the image from the clipboard into a document such as word.

Can you clue me into how you do this, which is what I needed on my other thread but since you have an example here I thought I'd ask on this thread.

Thanks  :)
Processor: i3 2.53 GHz 4 GIG RAM, OS: WIN 7, Connection: High Speed, Virus/Malware Protection: Avast-2015, SpywareBlaster, Windows Firewall & Defender. Email: Outlook 2010 w/ POP Peeper Email Notifiers.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2006, 03:23:21 PM »
I gave a link in the other thread for info on attaching an image. But first you have to have an image, print screen is fine but you then need to have a photo/image editing software that can convert the clipboard image to jpg/gif, etc. A free tool if Irfan View that you can paste the contents of the clipboard (print screen) into it, edit the size (crop, etc.) and save it as a jpg. Then you can attach that image.

I use SnagIt which is a paid for option but it is very good no need to use an intermediate image editor.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security