Author Topic: Can I turn off auto generate pw for new sites?  (Read 301 times)

Offline figueroa419

Can I turn off auto generate pw for new sites?
« on: November 19, 2017, 02:27:31 AM »
I'm not liking the auto fill feature when I am signing up for a new site.  It automatically fills it in with the random password.  I prefer to set my own passwords and constantly having to delete the passwords each time, and sometimes a second time because when I click out of the box it fills it back in again.  Is there a way to turn this off?

And I'm not talking about turning off the auto-fill when Im logging into a site that I have a saved password for, just the password suggestion generator.  Thanks

Offline David1538

Re: Can I turn off auto generate pw for new sites?
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2017, 02:30:13 AM »
I would also like to know how to turn OFF or DISABLE  the strong password generator as I have my own passwords that I can use and it keeps changing thye passwords every time. So annoying. >:( >:( >:( >:(

Offline btrbtatf

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2017, 08:41:29 AM »
Me three. Very much wish to turn-off/deactivate the password generator popup.

Offline Martin Kvetko

• Avast team
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2017, 07:49:15 AM »
As I noted in other thread we are considering extension settings redesign and this is another option we may discuss. We just don't want to have too complex as you may then loose in your options. At the moment we can't turn off password generator being offered on sites where we think it is usefull. Please post sites where it causes troubles and we will try to fix the issue.