Author Topic: Avast Passwords is modifying page elements it shouldn't  (Read 4723 times)

REDACTED

Avast Passwords is modifying page elements it shouldn't
« on: November 19, 2017, 10:55:52 AM »
Hello,

I have started using Avast Passwords because I thought it was a secure Password manager. However, I see that it is interfering with the security features on my banking website.

In the attachment Here (https://imgur.com/a/MRyi9) I added a picture of the website in question. I drew over my bank account name in 3 places in the image. Where it is red, it is showing up as expected.

However, where I used black to draw over there should be the first few characters of the token I receive on my phone to log in. Instead, because of Avast Passwords, my username is typed in there.

Because of this bug, I cannot verify the first letters on the website as being the same as on my phone.

To help debugging, below is the HTML element that is wrongfully being modified by Avast Passwords.

Code: [Select]
<input class="textField false" style="width:28px;" classoftheinputfield="textField false" classofthelabel="otppaddingonetime" datatype="bfo:password" id="$$CodeHead$$bfo_46_channel_46_web_46_function_46_login_58_UnencodedValidatingOTPRequest$$bfo_46_channel_46_web_46_function_46_login_58_UnencodedValidatingOTPRequest" label="One Time Password:" ...>
I hope you fix this issue as soon as possible. Also... this forum is some really outdated thrash (max 1024kB image? WTF?).

I'm a bit disappointed in your brand  :-\
« Last Edit: November 20, 2017, 07:52:07 PM by sh4d0wb0yy »

Offline Martin Kvetko

• Avast team
Re: Avast Passwords is modifying page elements it shouldn't
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2017, 10:05:30 AM »
Hello, thanks for the report. I have tried to fix this issue, but I can't verify it as I don't have an account on that bank.

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2017, 07:51:06 PM »
It works as intended now. Thanks!

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2017, 10:02:11 AM »
It is happening again in another place on the website. Attached you can find the element that gets randomly replaced with my password.