Author Topic: Amazing robot  (Read 1547 times)

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Amazing robot
« on: November 21, 2017, 01:08:33 AM »

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Amazing robot
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2017, 01:28:31 AM »
New Atlas robot  >>  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRj34o4hN4I&feature=youtu.be

Totally amazing, robotics has certainly come a very long way. Just keeping their balance whilst walking took some serious computing.

Just watching hopping up onto the first platform was something I had never seen, but then to standing jump to the next higher platform.  To hop and turn around 180 and then jump down, seeing it (nearly said he) do the same 180 turn on the top platform, but then doing the back somersault blew my mind.

I used to be able to do standing back somersaults (a very long time ago) and that gave me an adrenaline rush (fear of screwing it up), but I guess adrenaline isn't an issue for the robot.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2017, 01:35:23 AM »
I used to be able to do standing back somersaults (a very long time ago) and that gave me an adrenaline rush (fear of screwing it up), but I guess adrenaline isn't an issue for the robot.
They get hydraulic oil rush   ;D

Offline Michael (alan1998)

• Massive Poster
  • Volunteer
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2017, 01:27:19 PM »
They get hydraulic oil rush   ;D

Avast needs an "upvote" button for you :-)
VOLUNTEER

Senior Security Analyst; Sys Admin (Linux); Forensics/Incident Response.

Security is a mindset, not an application. Think BEFORE you click.