Author Topic: Cannot Scan  (Read 1668 times)

buzz lightweight

Cannot Scan
« on: May 13, 2006, 05:33:41 AM »
I have been using Avast 4Home for a long time.  But now when I click on "Start Avast! Antivirus" I get an error message saying: "Program cannot set property into main Storage".  There is a link to a page that says to change a line in the avast4.ini file from "Database=ODBC" to "Database=XML".  But in my avast4.ini file that line reads "Database=SQLT", and I read somewhere that in current builds of Avast ODBC and XML are no longer used.

I'm running Win98 and just updated to Avast 4.7.827, but the problem remains.  I also tried changing the line to "Database=ODBC", but the problem still exists.

Can anyone advise what to do?

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Cannot Scan
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2006, 02:32:23 PM »
Well something would appear to have gone wrong during the update as you are correct in assuming ODBC and XML aren't used.

It would probably be best to download the latest version of avast and save it to your HDD, somewhere you can find it again. Use that when you reinstall.

Once you have downloaded the latest version, uninstall, reboot, install, reboot.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security