Author Topic: Avast monitor every move  (Read 1239 times)

REDACTED

Avast monitor every move
« on: November 26, 2017, 05:31:59 PM »
I'm already unsatisfied with Avast support and from few days I see there are many ads from Avast related to their product's. I want to know why showing me these ads I paid for their service and now suddenly popup comes when I'm visiting a site which is related to VPN and Avast showing me their product ads on the right side of the screen. Today when using Evernote Avast popup comes and show me Evernote data leak news and solution to prevent the account from the hack is use Avast password manager.  :'(  I pay for premier service and I don't want these services and I'm already using these services.

Avast is tracking my every move and even when installing Avast a letter comes in setup don't skip these privacy terms.
If I'm not paying than use or show me ads but after paying and Avast making a profit from free and paid users as well.
Nothing different

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Re: Avast monitor every move
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2017, 05:41:32 PM »
1. You can disable the ads in the paid versions: Avast GUI -> Settings -> Popups
2. https://support.avast.com/article/96/ (Add/Remove components)
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2017, 09:11:09 PM »
It's a local thing. They aren't doing anything sophisticated to track you remotely. They just have a database of webpages that are related to service they provide and if you browse it, it'll show the popup. But can understand why someone not knowing the internals may believe it's something sinister and ultra personally targeted.
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2017, 11:25:58 AM »
It's a local thing. They aren't doing anything sophisticated to track you remotely. They just have a database of webpages that are related to service they provide and if you browse it, it'll show the popup. But can understand why someone not knowing the internals may believe it's something sinister and ultra personally targeted.

When using CCleaner Avast will show me Ccleaner 2.27milion computer hacks?

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2017, 11:29:07 AM »
Post a screenshot.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0