Author Topic: Trial version will not work nor accept activation code  (Read 4468 times)

REDACTED

Trial version will not work nor accept activation code
« on: November 24, 2017, 03:10:07 AM »
I downloaded the trial version of Cleanup, put in the activation code that was sent to me after I put in my payment that will be done after the 30 days, now stuck in an endless loop of trying to sell me the program when I am only 2 days into the 30 day trial version. Plus when I try to do anything with it, the program tells me I have no internet connection when in fact I do.

I have uninstalled the program, cleaned out my registry with CCleaner, rebooted, reinstalled, the same problem. Repeated several times, still the same problem.

What to do?

Offline Cousin Ken

Re: Trial version will not work nor accept activation code
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2017, 09:11:19 AM »
Some time ago I was offered a free copy of Avast Clean Up but did not receive an activation code and don't know
where to go to resolve the situation.
Is it worth the trouble to resolve the matter.

Ken Hodges 

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2017, 01:13:16 PM »
Since it is a trial version and if it works I would like to purchase it, but right now I am not getting any Avast feedback to fix it, I may have to give up on Avast all together.  I got the activation code, put it in and it acts like I didn't activate it.  I'll give Avast 72 hours.

Offline Stellarman

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2017, 05:32:20 PM »
Since it is a trial version and if it works I would like to purchase it, but right now I am not getting any Avast feedback to fix it, I may have to give up on Avast all together.  I got the activation code, put it in and it acts like I didn't activate it.  I'll give Avast 72 hours.

Hi,

sorry for the late reply.

This is obviously a bug and we know that it is happening to some users but we still don't know why because we are missing debug data which we could use to investigate the problem further.
Would you be so kind and collect the log files from you machine to help us deal with this issue?

Log files are stored here: c:\ProgramData\AVAST Software\Tuneup\log\ and you could then upload it either to your favourite file share or you could use our FTP server ftp.avast.com/ftp/incoming/ (login: anonymous).

Thank you!

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2017, 04:58:59 PM »
Hello there,

So I recently bought a new computer, bought avast, etc. I have the "Free Version" of avast anti-virus, but I paid for an active license for the clean-up. When I enter the code, it says that my product has been activated. So I go to the premium clean-up, run a scan, it comes back with a few things, I click resolve.. and it says that I have to buy it? I already bought this? Why can I not use it?

REDACTED

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2017, 07:24:47 AM »
I just bought the Avast Premium...I received an email giving me the activation code.....but when I tried to enter the code, it says "activation code is incorrect"...I tried 5 times the same manipulation...still doesn't work so I cannot use the scan at all...and/or use Avast Premium bought.....
I was supposed to receive a second email saying it was activated....didn't receive it.....

Really, it's a good begining ....if I don't get an answer, bug or not, I will cancel my account...
I was using the free version and I was receiving notices to buy the Avast Premium...It took me a long time to decide...now that I bought it goes wrong... >:(

I am really disapointed.....I should have bought another antivirus if I knew all the time I past triyng to make it work !!!!!!!

Suzanne

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2017, 07:30:17 AM »
-> https://support.avast.com/article/24/ (Orders and Renewals)
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0