Author Topic: Cleanup false readings  (Read 1428 times)

REDACTED

Cleanup false readings
« on: December 04, 2017, 02:10:49 PM »
I have a licence and currently use avast Premier but was considering buying a version of cleanup or I should say a licence for cleanup. I was constantly being nagged. It did a dummy run on my computer and told me that they were a number of issues such as the usual files to delete et cetera.

Of more concern however, was the reading of my programs that were loading in start-up. It implied that many of the programs that are clearly disabled in start-up other than to programs that I specifically wanted to be in start-up ARE ALL enabled. This is incorrect. Therefore it did not give me very much confidence in the abilities of cleanup giving me a list of these false readings.

It is possible to run task manager very easily on Windows 10 and see the programs which are loading on start-up and all the various processes.

What is going on is this more up selling by avast?

The problem with the antivirus market is the number of companies that spend their lives trying to upsell all the time. I think this is very poor practice and does not endear good customer loyalty.

Offline tomco

• Avast team
Re: Cleanup false readings
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2017, 10:42:30 AM »
Hello,

Thank you for reporting the weird behavior of our product. Could you please send us some screenshots so we can better understand the issue, please?

Best regards,
Tom.