Author Topic: Two Major Issues with Software / Licensure  (Read 2079 times)

REDACTED

Two Major Issues with Software / Licensure
« on: November 29, 2017, 07:19:34 PM »
Hello,

I am a long-time Avast user, however I just barely got around to downloading the software onto my new laptop.

As it is the free version I do expect some things are "premium" of course, but I have been a long-time user and owner of the subscription.  I am having two major issues with the program.
1). I am constantly getting the message that "Avast is down" - something has gone wrong, and we're unable to protect you. Please try restarting your Avast. I have multiple times restarted, as well as rebooted the computer, etc. What gives?

2). I have an active subscription for the license to Avast Cleanup. I copy the activation code online, put it into the antivirus (between the spurts of it saying that it is "down" ) at first I was getting no response, Finally it said that my code was valid / program was activated. So, naturally, I went to the performance tab, did a scan for cleanup. It came back with a number of results and the option to "resolve". I clicked the Resolve action button, and I was prompted to a screen to "upgrade" my free version! While I understand I am using the "free" antivirus, I thought I had just activated my "Paid" version of the clean up? Why am I being prompted to buy another subscription for the service I thought I already owned?

Any help would be great, as I need both a competent clean-up, and firewall in place on this laptop. Thank you.

REDACTED

Re: Two Major Issues with Software / Licensure
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2017, 07:30:20 PM »
Update: A re-installation of the premium Stand-alone cleanup software has allowed me to use the clean-up subscription.

However, still having "Avast down / Restart" problems.

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2017, 07:42:46 PM »
I have the same problem. So I have to reinstall Avast? Ah, yes I had to install Avast Cleanup separately.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2017, 04:48:10 PM by andreevateodora »

Offline Stellarman

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2017, 01:54:58 PM »
Hi,

could you please share the log files so we can look at them to be able to identify the root cause of you issue?

Log files are located in this folder: c:\ProgramData\AVAST Software\Tuneup\log\
And you can either upload them to a favourite file server of yours or you can use our public FTP server for the purpose: ftp.avast.com/ftp/incoming/ (login: anonymous).

Thank you!