Consumer Products > Avast Mac Security

JS: Cryptonight [Trj] Found

(1/12) > >>

drake145:
Hi all,

After running a scan on my MacBook Pro it found a Trojan (name on the subject line).
The path it was found it is as follows:
/private/var/db/uuidtext/7B/BC8EE8D09234D99DD8B85A99E46C64.
Below is a short summary of what happened:
-After the Trojan was found, I moved the file to quarantine and checked the forums to see if it might be a false positive.
-Upon not seeing anything, I deleted the file.
-I ran a scan with Malwarebytes, several times, and found nothing.
-After restarting, I ran the scan again, with avast, it found the file again with the same path. I also noticed the scan took longer.

Can anyone please confirm if you are also seeing this file being detected?
If no one else is seeing this, how should I proceed?
I have submitted the file to the virus lab from quarantine.

I appreciate any help.

Avast version:13.1
Virus definitions: 17112406

drake145:
OK, so I ran another scan again, and it found the infection again with the same path.

I also notice that, once more, the scan took longer.

original: 1h 17min
2nd: 1h 28 min
3rd: 1h 30 min

I am suspecting that it is either a false positive, or there is some other malware in my system that neither Avast nor Malwarebytes can detect.

Update 2:
It looks like Avast auto-updated to version: 17112500
I also found that I cannot auto-update Avast at this time (after 17112500), since it gives me an error advising that "An error Occurred During the Updating." I have included a screenshot.

Update 3:
I went to, and scanned the specific file folder, and it did not find anything.
I restarted my mac, and the update issue mentioned in Update 2 was not solved.
I scanned the folder once more, and sure enough, it found the infection. So it seems to return only after a restart.

Update 4:
I uninstalled and reinstalled avast, and the error that I described in updates 2 and 3 is gone. However, the trojan once again showed up when I scanned the folder directly. Scanning the folder again turned up nothing, but I suspect it will return once I perform a restart.

Pondus:
Upload and scan file at www.virustotal.com    post link to scan result here

drake145:
Pondus,

Link:
https://www.virustotal.com/#/file/4b263d8b55c3478f4e9d9d1af37ee277d59200cf5b6eb22ecd343eef25b0627b/detection

REDACTED:
Same thing happened to me, (I nearly died) I researched the virus and found this page: https://superuser.com/questions/1271760/avast-on-macos-high-sierra-claims-it-has-caught-the-windows-only-cryptonight-v

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version