Author Topic: installed dodgy chrome addon that required change all data on websites i visit  (Read 958 times)

REDACTED

i just installed an addon called youtube video downloader, it forced me to install yet another addon

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/search-app/mbdipbiphkhigjgiaakggeapfafpdmka

both addons has the permission to change all data on websites i visit, reading the reviews it says it's malware, i did not visit any website but youtube when i had the addon, i however have numerous login cookies saved, so i would like to ask what are the chances that these people now can access all my logged in accounts through the cookies, i read that when an addon has permission to change all data then it can access cookies, so what are my options now, can they access my session if they wanted to? and i mean full access just by using the cookie does it work like that? i also read you can't invalidate it so what can i do?

i used the browser vivaldi but it runs on chrome so i guess it's not important to mention.

REDACTED

please note i had vivaldi to not saving passwords, however chrome does save some meaningless passwords, i never save passwords though i manually type them in or use a password manager, my worry is the session cookies that could have been compromised, and if someone aquires a login cookie they can use it to login anywhere just like i do.