Author Topic: Two Major Issues with Software / Licensure  (Read 380 times)

Offline jaredjayw21

Two Major Issues with Software / Licensure
« on: November 29, 2017, 07:19:34 PM »
Hello,

I am a long-time Avast user, however I just barely got around to downloading the software onto my new laptop.

As it is the free version I do expect some things are "premium" of course, but I have been a long-time user and owner of the subscription.  I am having two major issues with the program.
1). I am constantly getting the message that "Avast is down" - something has gone wrong, and we're unable to protect you. Please try restarting your Avast. I have multiple times restarted, as well as rebooted the computer, etc. What gives?

2). I have an active subscription for the license to Avast Cleanup. I copy the activation code online, put it into the antivirus (between the spurts of it saying that it is "down" ) at first I was getting no response, Finally it said that my code was valid / program was activated. So, naturally, I went to the performance tab, did a scan for cleanup. It came back with a number of results and the option to "resolve". I clicked the Resolve action button, and I was prompted to a screen to "upgrade" my free version! While I understand I am using the "free" antivirus, I thought I had just activated my "Paid" version of the clean up? Why am I being prompted to buy another subscription for the service I thought I already owned?

Any help would be great, as I need both a competent clean-up, and firewall in place on this laptop. Thank you.

Offline jaredjayw21

Re: Two Major Issues with Software / Licensure
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2017, 07:30:20 PM »
Update: A re-installation of the premium Stand-alone cleanup software has allowed me to use the clean-up subscription.

However, still having "Avast down / Restart" problems.

Offline andreevateodora

Re: Two Major Issues with Software / Licensure
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2017, 07:42:46 PM »
I have the same problem. So I have to reinstall Avast? Ah, yes I had to install Avast Cleanup separately.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2017, 04:48:10 PM by andreevateodora »