Author Topic: Cannot activate or renew Avasft Free  (Read 21265 times)

Offline MartinZ

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
Re: Cannot activate or renew Avasft Free
« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2018, 05:47:59 PM »
You're welcome. We are glad that users communicate with us and help us to solve problems ! Enjoy ;-)

Offline skorpioza

« Reply #31 on: January 18, 2018, 08:13:13 PM »
You're welcome. We are glad that users communicate with us and help us to solve problems ! Enjoy ;-)
Is this a per person fix, e.g. I have to log a support request for similar assistance, or will there be a global fix since it was found to be "a bug on our licensing system".  If the latter, I don't currently have the option anymore to Update -> Program and the current online installers don't fix it either.

Offline MartinZ

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
« Reply #32 on: January 19, 2018, 11:25:48 AM »
No, it was a generic adjustment on the licensing system. Your case will be different. looks like you can't reach our servers.. can you try ping files.avast.com ?

Offline skorpioza

« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2018, 08:46:58 AM »
No, it was a generic adjustment on the licensing system. Your case will be different. looks like you can't reach our servers.. can you try ping files.avast.com ?
Sent = Received with 0 loss, so all appears to be in order there.  Any other suggestions?

Offline MartinZ

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
« Reply #34 on: January 22, 2018, 11:47:19 AM »
Updating of the virus database works fine? What avast version do you have please? Do you have any firewall?

Offline skorpioza

« Reply #35 on: January 22, 2018, 06:39:40 PM »
No issues with definition update.
Program version:  17.9.2322 (build 17.9.3761.278)
Release date:  21/12/2017 10:18:14 AM
No third party firewall just what comes standard with Windows 10 64bit.
The latter updated with latest updates from Windows.
Up until I started to get the expiration warning, the Avast program would auto-update without any issue.

Offline SpockFan94

« Reply #36 on: January 23, 2018, 02:14:11 AM »
Well, I checked the FAQ page for activating Avast! Free Antivirus. It seems to me that I have 43 days left until my registration and subscription for Avast! Free Antivirus expires. After my registration and subscription expires for Avast! Free Antivirus on March 7th, 2018, it will automatically change the expiration date for me after it expires.

Offline skorpioza

« Reply #37 on: January 23, 2018, 04:47:54 PM »
My concern is that:
1. My license expired two weeks ago and did not auto renew as the support pages suggest.  Also all other mediums of attempting to renew the license have failed (although all the confirmation messages confirmed it to be successful).
2. Although I can still update the virus definitions, I'm no longer able to update the core programme.  So I have a growing concern regarding the security on this machine, eventhough the same support pages suggest that I have nothing to worry about.

Offline MartinZ

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
« Reply #38 on: January 23, 2018, 04:54:56 PM »
Ok, thanks now I see where is problem. For program update a valid license (even for free version) must be on the machine. But don't worry you are still fully protected as the virus definitions are being updated. There seems to be an issue in reaching our license servers, my colleague will contact you to gather more details and logs.

Offline SpockFan94

« Reply #39 on: January 23, 2018, 08:52:30 PM »
Don’t worry. I got the latest updated version of Avast! Free Antivirus on my computer. I still have 42 days left. My expiration date for my registration and subscription will expire on March 8th this year. After it expires, it will automatically change the expiration date for me.

REDACTED

« Reply #40 on: March 08, 2018, 09:21:24 PM »
I have the same problem like skorpioza, with exactly the same version of Avast. The software cannot communicate with the server, so I cannot update it and renew the licence. I only manually update virus definition files. My licence is expired in a several days. Thank you in advance.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #41 on: March 09, 2018, 05:18:14 AM »
I have the same problem like skorpioza, with exactly the same version of Avast. The software cannot communicate with the server, so I cannot update it and renew the licence. I only manually update virus definition files. My licence is expired in a several days. Thank you in advance.
Update to the latest version (18.2.2328): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=216700.0
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

REDACTED

« Reply #42 on: March 24, 2018, 08:55:24 PM »
I have updated software to version 18.2.2328. However, my license is not extended and it will expire in a few days. Will it be extended automatically, or no? I am afraid that it will not be possible to update virus definition files after expiration of the licence.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #43 on: March 24, 2018, 09:03:38 PM »
I have updated software to version 18.2.2328. However, my license is not extended and it will expire in a few days. Will it be extended automatically, or no? I am afraid that it will not be possible to update virus definition files after expiration of the licence.
-> https://support.avast.com/article/Activate-Free-Antivirus/
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

REDACTED

« Reply #44 on: March 25, 2018, 03:35:12 PM »
My license was expired days before.  I followed  all the four steps in https://support.avast.com/article/Activate-Free-Antivirus/ .  But it still says my license is expired.
My avast is free version 18.3.2331.