Author Topic: "Install Helper Tool" Issue  (Read 154 times)

Offline coffeeshopphotography

"Install Helper Tool" Issue
« on: December 02, 2017, 06:57:45 PM »
I have been having issues doing a full scan on my computer (after an hour or so it says it has lost connection with Avast) and today it caught that JS:Crptonight Trj file that everyone is complaining about.

I went in to make sure I had the most current version of Avast and I was not logged in, which is unusual. I logged in and now Avast is asking me to "Install a new helper tool". I have never seen this prompt before and I can't upgrade the virus definitions or program without getting this prompt. I entered my info once to install the helper, and it is still giving me the same prompt if I try to upgrade the program or virus definitions.

It also won't let me pull up my account info. It says I am not connected to Avast and must log out and log back in.

I have looked through the messages here and it sounds like this is a legit Avast pop-up, but I want to confirm this with an official Avast person why it keeps on coming up in my Avast. And I also don't understand why I am having log-in issues when I haven't ever had this problem before!
« Last Edit: December 02, 2017, 08:05:23 PM by coffeeshopphotography »

Offline Pondus

• Avast √úberevangelist
  • Probably Bot
Re: "Install Helper Tool" Issue
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2017, 07:46:39 PM »
A screenshot of the message would probably help those who may know

Chief Wiggum: Uh, no, you got the wrong number. This is 9-1…2.