Author Topic: firewall problem with wifi connection  (Read 1118 times)

REDACTED

firewall problem with wifi connection
« on: December 03, 2017, 03:23:58 PM »
Hi there, hope someone will help me with following problem:

After my pc is woken up from sleep mode, icon in tab show me wireless connection, but without internet. When I open avast Firewall tab, I can see that im connected to two networks - my home one, and second which is the same one, but without name. This issue started to happen after i upgraded previous avast version to that one with firewall.

Only thing which which help me to get internet is open wireless connections, disconnect a reconnect again. To be honest Im little bit tired of it and it wastes my time too..

thx 4 help

p.s. ok, im newbie here, but is really needed to fill any captcha if im logged?! little strange...
« Last Edit: December 03, 2017, 03:26:37 PM by Martin663 »

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Re: firewall problem with wifi connection
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2017, 03:26:38 PM »
p.s. ok, im newbie here, but is really needed to fill any captcha if im logged?! little strange...
Captcha is only needed for your first 3 posts. (Spam protection)
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline Alikhan

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
Re: firewall problem with wifi connection
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2017, 11:38:44 PM »
Hi there, hope someone will help me with following problem:

After my pc is woken up from sleep mode, icon in tab show me wireless connection, but without internet. When I open avast Firewall tab, I can see that im connected to two networks - my home one, and second which is the same one, but without name. This issue started to happen after i upgraded previous avast version to that one with firewall.

Only thing which which help me to get internet is open wireless connections, disconnect a reconnect again. To be honest Im little bit tired of it and it wastes my time too..

thx 4 help

Could you show a screenshot of the Avast Firewall tab? Do you have any virtualization software such as VirtualBox?

The Firewall does differentiate between physical and virtual network drivers.
Windows 10 Home 64-bit • Avast Free (latest stable version) •  Malwarebytes 4 Premium (On-Demand) • Windows Firewall Control • Google Chrome • LastPass • CCleaner • O&O ShutUp10 •