Author Topic: ABAPP: devices remain in Migration state  (Read 2345 times)

REDACTED

ABAPP: devices remain in Migration state
« on: December 04, 2017, 04:48:24 PM »
Right, so I stumbled across a page that let me migrate our Norman NPRO software to Avast Business Antivirus Pro Plus, aka ABAPP. And so I set out for a trial, at least, that was the intention. Followed the Transfer Manual Norman Endpoint Protection Transfer to Avast Business Antivirus Pro Plus. Migrated the license. Installed the Management Console. Exported the Norman devices to XML. Then I thought to be smart. I didn't want all devices to migrate right away, so I edited the XML file to include only my own workstation. Then imported the file into the Avast Management Console, copied the renamed .exe file to C:\Program files\Norman\Distrib and then... oops. Norman started to install it right away on all clients. Doh. Should have known.
So I opened the Avast Management Console to take a look at the devices. Now they are all there, in their respective groups as in Norman, but they all display This device is being migrated. Several hours later, they still are. So I rebooted my workstation, which by that time had Norman replaced by Avast, thinking this might trigger Avast to show up in the Console. But it doesn't. Removed Avast from the client. Removed the client out of the Console, reinstalled Avast on the client and... still doesn't appear in the Console. The user manual says: This may be because the device doesn’t support IPv6 hostnames. But the device DOES support IPv6, so that's no the issue. And that's it. Can't find any more info on how to tackle this.

So the question is: how do I proceed from here?

Simon

REDACTED

Re: ABAPP: devices remain in Migration state
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2017, 02:41:36 PM »
I installed the Avast Management Console on the same server holding the Norman Endpoint Manager. And they don't like each other. Although there are no error messages in either application. So I installed the Avast Management Console onto another server, created a new client installer, installed that on on a couple of clients and... they appear in the Avast Management Console. Would have been nice if this was mentioned in the migration manual; had me saved hours of trouble shooting.

So: DON'T install Avast Management Console on the SAME machine as Norman Endpoint Manager.

Simon