Author Topic: Avast Passwords no longer worth it  (Read 2787 times)

REDACTED

Avast Passwords no longer worth it
« on: December 04, 2017, 08:46:11 PM »
I've used Avast for years, and have been very happy with it. When Avast Passwords came out, I was thrilled, especially because it seemed similar to Dashlane, the best of the dedicated password managers I had tried and discarded in the past. I tested AP for a while, liked it, and switched.

Now, a year or two later, AP is increasingly slow (the desktop interface has always been very slow), and my browsers keep throwing up warnings about its scripts blocking/slowing web pages. After struggling with it for some time, including on a complete fresh OS install, I gave up and decided to switch to something else. Except that none of the export functions work or, when they do sometimes work, export only limited data. So now I'm stuck without good access to hundreds of passwords. I'm very unhappy. >:(

Offline Martin Kvetko

• Avast team
Re: Avast Passwords no longer worth it
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2017, 08:55:32 AM »
I'm sad reading your post, but somehow I understand your mood. Although we are working hard we have still some leftovers which makes our users unhappy in some situations. We are listening complaints and we are improving our password manager continuously. We are now fixing performance of the extension as well as performance of of our main UI together with layout changes we hope users will enjoy. Every voice is important for us and we are open to listen our customers so if you have any specific suggestion we are here to listen about it and consider it in our future decisions. We most likely lost you as a user but we would like to know what we could do better so we can learn from this situation which we consider as fail on our side.

We know that export function is not ideal and we are designing export format which will contain all the data, on the other hand it will not solve the issue with moving your data somewhere else as the export will contain the data which are not usable or easily convertible to other applications.
In terms of passwords export. Google finally put import export functionality back in Chrome 63 so now you can export your password to chrome using an option in Settings and you can import them to chrome following the guide we have prepared for such cases.

REDACTED

Re: Avast Passwords no longer worth it
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2017, 08:24:31 AM »
Hello similar problem here too, I have been trying to read my account information for some of my passwords as most sites i have and account of don't allow avast passwords to access so need to be written in manually so when opening the avast password manager to viewing account info just hangs  and wont open the information and if i leave it for long periods like this vast says it is a virus and needs to be deleted. Also the last few days Avast have been giving me grief with the avast driver updater, avast have been telling me it is a virus. Whats going on...

Edit: Let me run a repair on avast then i will get back to you...

1 Edit: OK here is what I did I ran a repair on avast through programs and features. I haven't rebooted yet but passwords manager is running much quicker as for the other problems I was having with I ran the Avast Cleaner Premium.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2017, 08:38:59 AM by N3va B4 »