Author Topic: Export Device List?  (Read 4580 times)

Offline Henry110

Export Device List?
« on: December 05, 2017, 04:09:16 PM »
Hi,

We are using Avast for Business (Cloud), and are quite pleased with it so far. I need to be able to export a list of the devices shown in the "Network > Devices" screen, so that we can compare this with our Active Directory list to identify machines that have not yet had Avast installed.

As we have currently over 700 devices listed, I do not want to manually type this out, and I'm sure that exporting the list as a CSV or a text file should be fairly simple - I just can't see any way to do it!

I would appreciate it if someone could point me in the right direction...

Cheers - Henry

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: Export Device List?
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2017, 04:21:02 PM »
Have you tried support / knowledgebase?    https://www.avast.com/en-eu/business-support

Offline Henry110

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2017, 08:38:40 PM »
Hi,

I did have a look through the Knowledge Base, but there did not seem to be anything particularly relevant there...

Cheers - Henry

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2017, 12:18:44 AM »
I know https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=188324.0 does not help you, but I think I recall reading somewhere that it was on feature request.  The Support team might be able to generate a once-off list for you, or depending what you want to do, maybe you can generate a list of PCs from Active Directory.  :-\

Offline misak

• Avast team
    • Personal page (CZE)
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2017, 03:13:54 PM »
I need to be able to export a list of the devices shown in the "Network > Devices" screen, so that we can compare this with our Active Directory list to identify machines that have not yet had Avast installed.

Hi Henry,

thank you for your feedback. I've gathered the requirement. I don't have a solution for you right now, but it should come in Q1/2018. We are working on Network Discovery & remote deployment feature which is based on Active Directory. Thanks to this feature you'll deploy the AV to machines in your network which are missing the AV so far.
You shouldn't need an expert for this case anymore, but I can imagine it could be valuable in some other scenarios.

Offline IT300

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2019, 06:23:06 PM »
Hi, came to this tread while I was looking for solution how to export device list from admin panel.
Just wondering if that feature request was satisfied?

Offline Pavel Jirsak

• Avast team
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2019, 08:47:43 AM »
Hi, last release we added a new Labs section in the business console. You can find it in General settings - > Enable labs features. Then you will find a new menu section where you can enable Device list export. This functionality is available on the Devices screen once enabled in Labs menu.

Most likely, in 7.18 the device list export will be available for all users outside of Labs.

Product manager | Taking care of the cloud and on-prem consoles

Do you want to share your feedback with me?
pavel.jirsak(at)avast.com