Author Topic: Can spam filter work with imap as opposed to pop3? (MS outlook)  (Read 1785 times)

REDACTED

Can spam filter work with imap as opposed to pop3? (MS outlook)
« on: December 06, 2017, 11:31:31 AM »
Hi Everyone,

I can't for the life of me find a live chat or something similar to ask the guys at Avast so I hope someone can help.

I currently use imap in MS outlook for my emails, this has been a life saver in the past when my laptop broke, I like having the emails held on my server.

I was looking at avast and another competitor to purchase their security software and one of the key features I want is anti spam, as I have a nightmare with it. The other non avast product i was looking at only works with pop3 and not imap, so i'm wondering if avast premier's anti spam can indeed work with imap?

Thanks so much in advance.

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • F-Secure user
Re: Can spam filter work with imap as opposed to pop3? (MS outlook)
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2017, 12:18:27 PM »
checked FAQ ?  >>  https://support.avast.com/

Is this about your Yahoo account?
Yahoo has spamfilter, access your yahoo account from webmail and mark unwanted mail(s) as spam

« Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 12:22:48 PM by Pondus »

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2017, 12:25:38 PM »
No it's not. As says in the title it's MS Outlook.

Thanks.

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2017, 12:55:57 PM »
I'll take a look at that thanks.

going back to the original question, I'm current using a free version of avast and generally want a total security suite for a variety of reasons, spam filter is just one of them.  From my experience paying for 3rd party software such as avast is usually much better than a an extension of a standard product, such as MS outlook's own in this case. To back this up, there is spam filtering going on with my outlook but not a lot of it.

So I want to buy a security suite but don't want one where the spam filter isn't compatible with imap. Therefore, do you know if avast premier is capable of that?

Thanks.

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • F-Secure user
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2017, 01:03:26 PM »
Dont know

anyway i have always found the mail providers spam filter to be best and bug free

you can always install avast Premier trail version and test before you buy

« Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 01:05:42 PM by Pondus »

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2017, 01:31:34 PM »
So I want to buy a security suite but don't want one where the spam filter isn't compatible with imap. Therefore, do you know if avast premier is capable of that?
Yep, should work. (Note, you can test Premier before buying)
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline Alikhan

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2017, 02:04:12 PM »
Anti-Spam is available in Internet Security if you don't want the extra Premier features.
Windows 10 Home 64-bit • Avast Free (latest stable version) •  Malwarebytes 4 Premium (On-Demand) • Windows Firewall Control • Google Chrome • LastPass • CCleaner • O&O ShutUp10 •