Author Topic: VPN license rejection  (Read 319 times)

Offline orwell1984

VPN license rejection
« on: December 07, 2017, 01:45:36 PM »
When I try to turn on my VPN, a pop-up says the Secureline VPN server "has refused your license file".

It was working fine until a couple of days ago, then I got an email stating:

Have you got a new PC, or did you just reinstall your operating system? We ask, because we noticed you haven’t been using your Avast Pro Antivirus. It would be a shame to waste the 541 days still left on your license, so why not reinstall it now?

Why i got that, I don't know. Anyway, I followed the link and reinserted the license file, and everything works as normal, except this. If I go into subscriptions, it says the VPN subscription nstatus is active with 698 days remaining).

Offline NON

• Japanese User
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Whatever will be, will be.
Re: VPN license rejection
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2017, 01:54:03 PM »
Hello orwell1984, welcome to the forums.

Same report in the Japanese forum.
If you are able to change locations, does it change something?
Main: Win10 CU(1703) 64bit / Core i5-7400 3.0GHz / 8GB RAM / Avast 17 Premier Beta
Mobile: Win10 CU(1703) 32bit, Vista SP2 32bit / Core 2 Duo SU9300 1.2GHz / 4GB RAM / Avast 17 Free / Windows Firewall Notifier
Phone: Android 2.3.4, 4.2.2 / Avast Mobile Security / Avast Anti-Theft

Avast の設定について解説しています。よろしければご覧ください。

Offline orwell1984

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2017, 05:48:55 PM »
If I switch countries, it just ends up delivering the same message once the switch is complete.

Offline User ÅÅÅ

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2017, 07:32:01 PM »
Same issue here.Problem started on Wednesday. Licence file refused even there remains plenty of days on subscription.
I am not sure but have Avast update UI of Secureline?  I think there is more countries available now or is there?
Could this be the reason for problems?
However it is shame to waste paid subscription time  for this.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Merry Christmas..!!
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2017, 05:40:42 AM »
Win 8.1 [x64] - Avast Premier 17.9.2321.Beta#3 - CC 5.38 [OD] - MCS [OD] - EEK [OD] - FF ESR 52.5.2 [NS5/uBO] - Thunderbird 52.5 [EM]
Deutschsprachiger Bereich -> Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen und Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline orwell1984

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2017, 07:55:04 AM »
That troubleshooting link only suggests things I already did before making this thread. The only thing it mentions which I can't say isn't the issue is the possibility of a corrupted license file, but as I mentioned in my initial post, I got sent one of those for reasons unconnected to this issue, and everything went back to working once I re-upped that license file, so it doesn't make sense that if it was corrupted that only VPN would be failing to work as usual.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Merry Christmas..!!
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2017, 08:27:40 AM »
Win 8.1 [x64] - Avast Premier 17.9.2321.Beta#3 - CC 5.38 [OD] - MCS [OD] - EEK [OD] - FF ESR 52.5.2 [NS5/uBO] - Thunderbird 52.5 [EM]
Deutschsprachiger Bereich -> Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen und Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline digitaledgecare2

« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2017, 07:25:28 PM »
in the avast setting go to the components tab and uninstall vpn component restart you pc and then reinstall the vpn component again then restart the pc again and the do the licence part again and that should do it to make it work

this work around has worked for me when my vpn fails to find my vpn licences file its done it to me a few times over the last few weeks

Offline dreao

« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2017, 04:45:12 AM »
Secureline VPN server has refused you license is what I still get even after component uninstall and reinstall restart and license file again..... this really sucks.... anyone fix it yet?