Author Topic: VPN license rejection  (Read 16566 times)

REDACTED

Re: VPN license rejection
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2018, 11:06:59 AM »
I have exactly the same problem.
The old "De-Install, Re-Install and try again" solution doesn't work. (I come from the software industry and it must just be embarrassing for a software company to even have to suggest this - we're in the 21st century, not the 1980s - that answer just means you don't know what you're doing.)
I have tried opening 3 messages with the license Department online since January. 06022014, 06050918 and 06089444. In the last one I set a deadline for reply. It's quite a simple matter for me.
1) This technical licensing issue is not an issue for resolution in a "Forum". "Forums" are just the cheap way in which Software companies fob-off users instead of providing "proper" support.
2) If we are not offered a solution by 19.03.2018, anyone interested in suing Avast, please list yourself here (without any personal details) - then we can then work out how to get in contact with each other once the deadline expires.
I am fed-up of bad support, bad quality and generally being ignored as a customer. I paid for a service which I cannot use and Avast is just ignoring me.
Regards,
John. 

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2018, 11:12:58 AM »
Hi John, see Reply #4.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

REDACTED

« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2018, 06:51:50 PM »
Dear "Asyn" thanks for your comment. However...
Reply #4 leads me to all the standard documents which first tell me (under SecureLine standalone) how to update and activate within Avast AV (which I no longer use) - then at the bottom of the instructions it tells me what to do for standalone (huzza!)
SO:
1) I am logged into my AVAST Account in EDGE (what that should bring me other than a warm fuzzy feeling, God alone knows)
2) I have downloaded my valid license subscription file from my account (now the third file version) (valid until 29.09.2020)
3) I have de-installed all previous installations of SecureLine VPN via the windows control panel and restarted my machine previously (you may be interested to know that the de-install doesn't work properly - the directory is empty, but the SecureLine directory is still available after the de-install and re-boot.)
4) I have downloaded and installed the latest Version of SecureLine (and even re-booted - sometimes VooDoo works)
5) I double-click on my license file and SecureLine tells me "Your Subscription has been cancelled. Reinstate now"
"Reinstate now" means "Buy Again, Sucker".
Just who writes this stuff?
A message to AVAST (I'm not shouting at you, Asyn):
IT DOES NOT WORK.
THERE IS SOMETHING WRONG WITH THE LICENSING SYSTEM.
MY MESSAGES TO THE LICENSING DEPARTMENT HAVE BEEN IGNORED.
THERE IS NO WAY IN WHICH I CAN CONTACT YOUR COMPANY.
DO SOMETHING!

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2018, 05:31:42 AM »
Hi John, I reported it, hope it helps...
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

REDACTED

« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2018, 04:24:37 PM »
Hi Asyn,

thank you! It's a shame that the published mechanisms at Avast don't work and that such a big company has to be reliant upon the individual diligence of people such as yourself!
Again - thank you!
Please also make the comment to Avast that the three messages which I sent to their subscription department regarding this issue have all been ignored until the time of posting.

Best regards,
John.
P.S. The Captchas on this site are really awful! Very hard to discern!

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2018, 04:58:25 AM »
You're welcome.

PS: Captcha is only needed for your first 3 posts. (Spam protection)